Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Six Pharaohs Abroad called up for final 2015 AFCON qualifiers, Gomaa excluded
Mohamed Salah (Chelsea), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Al-Ahli Jeddah), Ahmed Fathi (Umm Salal), Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel) have all received call-ups from Gharib.
Shikabala, Aly Ghazal, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were excluded for the second time in a row, after also missing the double header against Botswana earlier this month.
Saleh Gomaa made the cut the last time around, but there was no call-up for him for the final two Group G matches in AFCON 2015 qualifying.
Koka’s exclusion was particularly surprising given Amr Gamal’s ACL injury that will keep him on the sidelines for up to six months.
The striker position is proving problematic for Gharib, who confessed earlier that he might be forced to alter the way Egypt play.
Egypt are currently in third place, just one point behind second-placed Senegal, who they will host at the Cairo International Stadium on the 15th of November. A few days later, the Pharaohs will travel to group leaders Tunisia for their last Group G game.