Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Six Pharaohs Abroad called up for final 2015 AFCON qualifiers, Gomaa excluded
Mohamed Salah (Chelsea), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Al-Ahli Jeddah), Ahmed Fathi (Umm Salal), Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel) have all received call-ups from Gharib.
Shikabala, Aly Ghazal, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were excluded for the second time in a row, after also missing the double header against Botswana earlier this month.
Saleh Gomaa made the cut the last time around, but there was no call-up for him for the final two Group G matches in AFCON 2015 qualifying.
Koka’s exclusion was particularly surprising given Amr Gamal’s ACL injury that will keep him on the sidelines for up to six months.
The striker position is proving problematic for Gharib, who confessed earlier that he might be forced to alter the way Egypt play.
Egypt are currently in third place, just one point behind second-placed Senegal, who they will host at the Cairo International Stadium on the 15th of November. A few days later, the Pharaohs will travel to group leaders Tunisia for their last Group G game.