Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Six Pharaohs Abroad called up for final 2015 AFCON qualifiers, Gomaa excluded
Mohamed Salah (Chelsea), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Al-Ahli Jeddah), Ahmed Fathi (Umm Salal), Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel) have all received call-ups from Gharib.
Shikabala, Aly Ghazal, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were excluded for the second time in a row, after also missing the double header against Botswana earlier this month.
Saleh Gomaa made the cut the last time around, but there was no call-up for him for the final two Group G matches in AFCON 2015 qualifying.
Koka’s exclusion was particularly surprising given Amr Gamal’s ACL injury that will keep him on the sidelines for up to six months.
The striker position is proving problematic for Gharib, who confessed earlier that he might be forced to alter the way Egypt play.
Egypt are currently in third place, just one point behind second-placed Senegal, who they will host at the Cairo International Stadium on the 15th of November. A few days later, the Pharaohs will travel to group leaders Tunisia for their last Group G game.