In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
VIDEO: Ahmed Fathi scores first goal in Qatar league win
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi opened up his Umm Salal account on Friday against Al Ahli in the Grand Hamad Stadium, leading his team to a 1-0 victory.
Starting at right-back, Fathi opened the scoring in the 68th minute with a header which barely crept in at the far post. Umm Salal did enough from that point onward to maintain their 1-0 lead and win the match.
The win, their third in five games, pushed Umm Salal to 7th place with 15 points in the Qatar Stars League table, leaving them just one point behind Al Ahli.
Fathi joined Umm Salal on a three-year deal, and he has been a staple in their defense since signing.
The 29-year-old is also one of six foreign call-ups for Egypt’s remaining two 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Video of the goal: