Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
VIDEO: Ahmed Fathi scores first goal in Qatar league win
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi opened up his Umm Salal account on Friday against Al Ahli in the Grand Hamad Stadium, leading his team to a 1-0 victory.
Starting at right-back, Fathi opened the scoring in the 68th minute with a header which barely crept in at the far post. Umm Salal did enough from that point onward to maintain their 1-0 lead and win the match.
The win, their third in five games, pushed Umm Salal to 7th place with 15 points in the Qatar Stars League table, leaving them just one point behind Al Ahli.
Fathi joined Umm Salal on a three-year deal, and he has been a staple in their defense since signing.
The 29-year-old is also one of six foreign call-ups for Egypt’s remaining two 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Video of the goal: