An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: Ahmed Fathi scores first goal in Qatar league win
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi opened up his Umm Salal account on Friday against Al Ahli in the Grand Hamad Stadium, leading his team to a 1-0 victory.
Starting at right-back, Fathi opened the scoring in the 68th minute with a header which barely crept in at the far post. Umm Salal did enough from that point onward to maintain their 1-0 lead and win the match.
The win, their third in five games, pushed Umm Salal to 7th place with 15 points in the Qatar Stars League table, leaving them just one point behind Al Ahli.
Fathi joined Umm Salal on a three-year deal, and he has been a staple in their defense since signing.
The 29-year-old is also one of six foreign call-ups for Egypt’s remaining two 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Video of the goal: