Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Al Ahly extend contracts of 8 players
Al Ahly have announced that eight players have signed contract extensions, tying the majority of them down to the club until 2020.
The Red Devils announced on Monday that the contracts of Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Amr Gamal, Karim Bambo, Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet, Mohamed Naguib, Saad El-Din Samir, Ramadan Sobhy and Walid Soliman have all been extended until 2020, just months before the transfer window opens.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek, Ahly’s football supervisor, said in a press conference on Monday that Walid Soliman’s contract was renewed 45 days ago.
“We chose the right time to announce [the extensions].”
“All players agreed to put pen-to-paper on new contracts before receiving information about details,” said Ahly football director Wael Gomaa in a press conference on Monday.
“Management extended the players contracts to combine both young and experienced players,” Abdel-Sadek added.
“This situation proves the players’ loyalty [to the team] which we earned throughout previous generations,” he explained.
It is worth noting that Amr Gamal’s contract was extended from 4 years to 5 years on Saturday while Trezeguet’s contract was extended on Sunday, to expire in 2020.
Gamal, who has emerged as one of the positives from his club’s poor start to the season, expressed his satisfaction with his new deal.
“This deal will motivate me to do my best for the team when I recover from my injury,” the 23-year old enthused.
Al Ahly resume their league campaign on Wednesday, away to 15th-placed Arab Contractors.