Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Al Ahly extend contracts of 8 players
Al Ahly have announced that eight players have signed contract extensions, tying the majority of them down to the club until 2020.
The Red Devils announced on Monday that the contracts of Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Amr Gamal, Karim Bambo, Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet, Mohamed Naguib, Saad El-Din Samir, Ramadan Sobhy and Walid Soliman have all been extended until 2020, just months before the transfer window opens.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek, Ahly’s football supervisor, said in a press conference on Monday that Walid Soliman’s contract was renewed 45 days ago.
“We chose the right time to announce [the extensions].”
“All players agreed to put pen-to-paper on new contracts before receiving information about details,” said Ahly football director Wael Gomaa in a press conference on Monday.
“Management extended the players contracts to combine both young and experienced players,” Abdel-Sadek added.
“This situation proves the players’ loyalty [to the team] which we earned throughout previous generations,” he explained.
It is worth noting that Amr Gamal’s contract was extended from 4 years to 5 years on Saturday while Trezeguet’s contract was extended on Sunday, to expire in 2020.
Gamal, who has emerged as one of the positives from his club’s poor start to the season, expressed his satisfaction with his new deal.
“This deal will motivate me to do my best for the team when I recover from my injury,” the 23-year old enthused.
Al Ahly resume their league campaign on Wednesday, away to 15th-placed Arab Contractors.