Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
AFCON 2015 dates unchanged, Morocco given deadline
CAF released a statement, after its executive committee meeting in Algiers Monday the 8th of November, unanimously reiterating their stance that the tournament will continue its history of never being postponed.
It read in part: “The Executive Committee of CAF confirms its commitment to keep the competition on the dates indicated, while asking the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to clarify the position of Morocco no later than 8 November, 2014.”
“This time given also applies to all other CAF national associations wishing to organise the competition on the dates agreed as long as the hosting requirements are met.”
CAF also made clear their compliance with World Health Organization (WHO) health protocols and prescription of the same to all their member associations; three of which have been affected by Ebola (Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia) and thus banned from hosting international matches.
Another meeting will be held in Cairo on November 11, 2014 to finalise on the issue.