Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
AFCON 2015 dates unchanged, Morocco given deadline
CAF released a statement, after its executive committee meeting in Algiers Monday the 8th of November, unanimously reiterating their stance that the tournament will continue its history of never being postponed.
It read in part: “The Executive Committee of CAF confirms its commitment to keep the competition on the dates indicated, while asking the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to clarify the position of Morocco no later than 8 November, 2014.”
“This time given also applies to all other CAF national associations wishing to organise the competition on the dates agreed as long as the hosting requirements are met.”
CAF also made clear their compliance with World Health Organization (WHO) health protocols and prescription of the same to all their member associations; three of which have been affected by Ebola (Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia) and thus banned from hosting international matches.
Another meeting will be held in Cairo on November 11, 2014 to finalise on the issue.