Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
AFCON 2015 dates unchanged, Morocco given deadline
CAF released a statement, after its executive committee meeting in Algiers Monday the 8th of November, unanimously reiterating their stance that the tournament will continue its history of never being postponed.
It read in part: “The Executive Committee of CAF confirms its commitment to keep the competition on the dates indicated, while asking the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to clarify the position of Morocco no later than 8 November, 2014.”
“This time given also applies to all other CAF national associations wishing to organise the competition on the dates agreed as long as the hosting requirements are met.”
CAF also made clear their compliance with World Health Organization (WHO) health protocols and prescription of the same to all their member associations; three of which have been affected by Ebola (Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia) and thus banned from hosting international matches.
Another meeting will be held in Cairo on November 11, 2014 to finalise on the issue.