Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Pacheco announces exclusion of Omar Gaber from squad due to Zamalek suspension
Zamalek’s manager Jaime Pacheco and the director of football have announced the exclusion of right wing-back Omar Gaber after the club’s board made a decision to suspend the player pending investigations.
The director of football Ismail Youssef issued a statement which said that they will consider sanctioning the 22-year-old Egypt international.
“We’ve excluded Omar Gaber and we will consider punishing him with a huge fine,” Youssef said. “He broke the team regulations by having an interview with a newspaper.
“We have decided to investigate the situation,” he concluded.
Gaber expressed in an interview his support to the team’s hardcore supporters club Ultras White Knights and his sympathy for Amr Hussein, the fan who was killed in clashes in front of Zamalek club gate last year.
Controversial Zamalek president Mortada Mansour has constantly criticised Gaber for his alleged support of the ultras group, threatening to get the player banned by the Egyptian FA for being “affiliated with an armed group”.
The Portuguese manager Pacheco decided to include striker Ahmed Ali in place of Omar Gaber in the squad to face Haras El-Hodood on Wednesday, in what will be the 8th fixture of the Egyptian Premier League.
The final Zamalek squad is as following:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahmoud Gennesh.
Defenders: Ahmed Dweidar, Ali Gabr, Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Koffi, Ahmed Samir, Hazem Emam.
Midfielders: Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Salah, Tarek Hamed, Momen Zakaria, Ahmed Eid, Mostafa Fathi.
Forwards: Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi, Youssef “Obama” Ibrahim.
Zamalek miss Ayman Hefny, Islam Gamal, Reda El-Azab and Yasser Ibrahim due to injury; whilst Saleh Moussa, Abdoulaye Cissé and Mohamed Abou-Gabal all miss the game for technical reasons.