Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Xavi to visit Egypt in December to train 500 youngsters
Egyptian real estate company Palm Hills Developments issued a statement on Tuesday, announcing that 34-year-old Spanish legend Xavi is set to train over 500 Egyptian youngsters in December, at the home of the Barcelona Football School ‘FCBEscola’ in Egypt.
The Barcelona captain will hold a press conference in Barcelona’s stadium Camp Nou in few days to announce the details of his visit to train the young players, which would be his first time to do so in the Middle East or Africa.
Palm Hills CEO Tarek Abdel-Rahman said regarding Xavi’s visit: “The agreement with Xavi is a part of our strategy to promote Egypt worldwide through hosting major events with international flavour.”
He added: “Xavi is a football icon and has fans all over the world which would direct the world attention to Egypt.”
The football camp is expected to be held for five days between the 19th and 23rd of December 2014.