Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
VIDEO: Ahmed Refaat’s double fires ENPPI top of the table
Damnhour started the match strongly and managed to take the lead through Hamada El-Ghanam within the first six minutes as Ali Lotfy was given a yellow card for a tackle in the box.
20 minutes later, Sherwida headed in a brilliant cross and gave ENPPI the equaliser.
68 minutes into the match, Sherwida was taken off for Ahmed Refaat, which ultimately turned out to be an inspired substitution.
The 21-year-old, gave ENPPI the lead in the 77th minute after a brilliant free-kick was fired home to the left of the Damnhour keeper.
In the 82nd minute, Damnhour’s coach, Ahmed Ashour, took off Afroto for Mostafa Badawy, with Badawy scoring a free-kick 4 minutes later.
As the game headed towards a draw, ENPPI got awarded another free-kick in the 4th minute of the injury time.
Ahmed Refaat’s stepped up to the plate and delivered the free-kick, which was deflected into the net, giving ENPPI the vital 3 points.
The win pushes ENPPI to the top of the ladder with a one-point advantage over Zamalek, who defeated Haras El-Hodood yesterday.
Other scores from tonight saw Assiouty Sport draw with Ittihad El-Shorta 2-2 and Ismaily defeat Wadi Degla 2-1 thanks to a brace from Ghanaian hitman John Antwi.