Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
VIDEO: Antwi’s double downs Wadi Degla
The 22-year-old Ghanaian prolific striker has been replicating his impressive form from last season and it took him just a quarter of an hour in the first-half to break the deadlock for the home side with a superb left-footed strike.
Despite squandering a handful of chances, the hosts looked more comfortable and the better side, being purposeful and dominated the full course of the game leaving the visitors with no room to operate.
With a quarter of an hour more to go, John Antwi continued from where he left in the first-half as he headed-home the second goal for Ismaily – grabbing his brace on the night.
And when it looked like Ismaily would be running away with a clean sheet, Hossam Arafat thought otherwise, he pulled the consolation and the only goal for the visitors in the 89th minute.
John Antwi, who has been claiming the spotlight in the Egyptian Premier League for all the good reasons, has banged in 7 goals from 8 appearances so far this season.
Despite having yet to lose a match this season with 3 wins and 5 draws, Ismaily are in 15th place in the league table with 8 points, as FIFA deducted six points off the Dervishes’ tally for the overdue payments of former Nigerian striker John Owoeri’s agent.