Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
VIDEO: Antwi’s double downs Wadi Degla
The 22-year-old Ghanaian prolific striker has been replicating his impressive form from last season and it took him just a quarter of an hour in the first-half to break the deadlock for the home side with a superb left-footed strike.
Despite squandering a handful of chances, the hosts looked more comfortable and the better side, being purposeful and dominated the full course of the game leaving the visitors with no room to operate.
With a quarter of an hour more to go, John Antwi continued from where he left in the first-half as he headed-home the second goal for Ismaily – grabbing his brace on the night.
And when it looked like Ismaily would be running away with a clean sheet, Hossam Arafat thought otherwise, he pulled the consolation and the only goal for the visitors in the 89th minute.
John Antwi, who has been claiming the spotlight in the Egyptian Premier League for all the good reasons, has banged in 7 goals from 8 appearances so far this season.
Despite having yet to lose a match this season with 3 wins and 5 draws, Ismaily are in 15th place in the league table with 8 points, as FIFA deducted six points off the Dervishes’ tally for the overdue payments of former Nigerian striker John Owoeri’s agent.