Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Morocco fails deadline to confirm hosting 2015 AFCON
Morocco have failed to meet the CAF deadline to confirm it will host the 2015 African Cup of Nations next January.
The Moroccan federation failed to meet the 8 November deadline set by CAF to confirm they will host the 2015 African Cup of Nations. Morocco had submitted an official letter requesting to postpone the competition till June 2015 or January 2016 because of fears over the Ebola outbreak. This request was rebuffed by the the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and they gave the Moroccan federation an ultimatum which they have failed.
The African football governing body, CAF, insists that there will be no change in the dates of the competition which is scheduled to be played between 17 January and 8 February of next year.
The fate of the next edition of the Africa Cup of Nations will be announced in the next few days as the decision is expected to be made on 11 November when the CAF’s executive committee hold its meeting in Cairo, Egypt.
It is worth noting that several countries revealed that they’re ready to host the competition in case Morocco decide not to, including Ghana, South Africa and Egypt amongst others. Egypt later confirmed they will be not hosting the competition due to the current political instability, with Ghana closest to holding the tournament.