KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Morocco fails deadline to confirm hosting 2015 AFCON
Morocco have failed to meet the CAF deadline to confirm it will host the 2015 African Cup of Nations next January.
The Moroccan federation failed to meet the 8 November deadline set by CAF to confirm they will host the 2015 African Cup of Nations. Morocco had submitted an official letter requesting to postpone the competition till June 2015 or January 2016 because of fears over the Ebola outbreak. This request was rebuffed by the the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and they gave the Moroccan federation an ultimatum which they have failed.
The African football governing body, CAF, insists that there will be no change in the dates of the competition which is scheduled to be played between 17 January and 8 February of next year.
The fate of the next edition of the Africa Cup of Nations will be announced in the next few days as the decision is expected to be made on 11 November when the CAF’s executive committee hold its meeting in Cairo, Egypt.
It is worth noting that several countries revealed that they’re ready to host the competition in case Morocco decide not to, including Ghana, South Africa and Egypt amongst others. Egypt later confirmed they will be not hosting the competition due to the current political instability, with Ghana closest to holding the tournament.