The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Morocco fails deadline to confirm hosting 2015 AFCON
The Moroccan federation failed to meet the 8 November deadline set by CAF to confirm they will host the 2015 African Cup of Nations. Morocco had submitted an official letter requesting to postpone the competition till June 2015 or January 2016 because of fears over the Ebola outbreak. This request was rebuffed by the the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and they gave the Moroccan federation an ultimatum which they have failed.
The African football governing body, CAF, insists that there will be no change in the dates of the competition which is scheduled to be played between 17 January and 8 February of next year.
The fate of the next edition of the Africa Cup of Nations will be announced in the next few days as the decision is expected to be made on 11 November when the CAF’s executive committee hold its meeting in Cairo, Egypt.
It is worth noting that several countries revealed that they’re ready to host the competition in case Morocco decide not to, including Ghana, South Africa and Egypt amongst others. Egypt later confirmed they will be not hosting the competition due to the current political instability, with Ghana closest to holding the tournament.