Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Gouna’s Amro Tarek to undergo trial with FC Luzern
The 22-year-old Los Angeles-born Egyptian has traveled to Switzerland on Monday to begin his trial with the Shiners.
The Gouna defender confirmed to KingFut.com that he will train with the Swiss side from Tuesday to Thursday and will return to Egypt on Friday.
The centre-back, who began his career as a left wing-back, has only represented Egypt at the youth level; he has one U-20 cap to his name, but has never been called up to the senior squad.
Originally playing for ENPPI’s youth team, the 22-year-old had a stint in Germany starting from 2010. He played for Magdeburg’s U-19 squad and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams before moving on a free transfer to El-Gouna in the 2013 winter transfer window.
It is worth noting Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris owns El-Gouna and is a major shareholder in FC Luzern, while ex-Bayern Munich and Gouna manager, Rainer Zobel, played a crucial role in Luzern’s trial offer.
If FC Luzern sign Amro Tarek, he will be the second Egyptian to represent the Swiss side; Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ managed 7 goals and one assist in 16 league appearances before falling out with their manager and getting his contract terminated.