Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Gouna’s Amro Tarek to undergo trial with FC Luzern
The 22-year-old Los Angeles-born Egyptian has traveled to Switzerland on Monday to begin his trial with the Shiners.
The Gouna defender confirmed to KingFut.com that he will train with the Swiss side from Tuesday to Thursday and will return to Egypt on Friday.
The centre-back, who began his career as a left wing-back, has only represented Egypt at the youth level; he has one U-20 cap to his name, but has never been called up to the senior squad.
Originally playing for ENPPI’s youth team, the 22-year-old had a stint in Germany starting from 2010. He played for Magdeburg’s U-19 squad and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams before moving on a free transfer to El-Gouna in the 2013 winter transfer window.
It is worth noting Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris owns El-Gouna and is a major shareholder in FC Luzern, while ex-Bayern Munich and Gouna manager, Rainer Zobel, played a crucial role in Luzern’s trial offer.
If FC Luzern sign Amro Tarek, he will be the second Egyptian to represent the Swiss side; Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ managed 7 goals and one assist in 16 league appearances before falling out with their manager and getting his contract terminated.