Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Fiorentina’s Hegazy to join Chievo Verona – Report
With struggling to find playing time since returning from a second consecutive ACL injury, Egypt international Hegazy could be on his way out of Florence for a temporary period in January, with Chievo Verona reportedly interested in signing the towering defender.
According to Calciomercato, the directors of Fiorentina and Chievo were in contact over the last few days to discuss the possibility of a swap deal that would see the former Ismaily centre-back join the Flying Donkeys, with Italian striker Alberto Paloschi going the other way.
It was also reported that the exchange deal could be on loan basis, with the inclusion of Fiorentina defender Andrea Lazzarri.
Hegazy has been rarely included by Vicenzo Montella into Fiorentina’s squad in their eleven Serie A games so far this season, apart from being excluded from the Europa League squad list, and has been left out of the Egypt national team during their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.
A move to Chievo Verona, who are currently 18th in the league, would be a good chance for the 23-year-old to regain match fitness and earn regular playing time.