Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Fiorentina’s Hegazy to join Chievo Verona – Report
With struggling to find playing time since returning from a second consecutive ACL injury, Egypt international Hegazy could be on his way out of Florence for a temporary period in January, with Chievo Verona reportedly interested in signing the towering defender.
According to Calciomercato, the directors of Fiorentina and Chievo were in contact over the last few days to discuss the possibility of a swap deal that would see the former Ismaily centre-back join the Flying Donkeys, with Italian striker Alberto Paloschi going the other way.
It was also reported that the exchange deal could be on loan basis, with the inclusion of Fiorentina defender Andrea Lazzarri.
Hegazy has been rarely included by Vicenzo Montella into Fiorentina’s squad in their eleven Serie A games so far this season, apart from being excluded from the Europa League squad list, and has been left out of the Egypt national team during their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.
A move to Chievo Verona, who are currently 18th in the league, would be a good chance for the 23-year-old to regain match fitness and earn regular playing time.