Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Fiorentina’s Hegazy to join Chievo Verona – Report
With struggling to find playing time since returning from a second consecutive ACL injury, Egypt international Hegazy could be on his way out of Florence for a temporary period in January, with Chievo Verona reportedly interested in signing the towering defender.
According to Calciomercato, the directors of Fiorentina and Chievo were in contact over the last few days to discuss the possibility of a swap deal that would see the former Ismaily centre-back join the Flying Donkeys, with Italian striker Alberto Paloschi going the other way.
It was also reported that the exchange deal could be on loan basis, with the inclusion of Fiorentina defender Andrea Lazzarri.
Hegazy has been rarely included by Vicenzo Montella into Fiorentina’s squad in their eleven Serie A games so far this season, apart from being excluded from the Europa League squad list, and has been left out of the Egypt national team during their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.
A move to Chievo Verona, who are currently 18th in the league, would be a good chance for the 23-year-old to regain match fitness and earn regular playing time.