Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Fiorentina’s Hegazy to join Chievo Verona – Report
With struggling to find playing time since returning from a second consecutive ACL injury, Egypt international Hegazy could be on his way out of Florence for a temporary period in January, with Chievo Verona reportedly interested in signing the towering defender.
According to Calciomercato, the directors of Fiorentina and Chievo were in contact over the last few days to discuss the possibility of a swap deal that would see the former Ismaily centre-back join the Flying Donkeys, with Italian striker Alberto Paloschi going the other way.
It was also reported that the exchange deal could be on loan basis, with the inclusion of Fiorentina defender Andrea Lazzarri.
Hegazy has been rarely included by Vicenzo Montella into Fiorentina’s squad in their eleven Serie A games so far this season, apart from being excluded from the Europa League squad list, and has been left out of the Egypt national team during their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.
A move to Chievo Verona, who are currently 18th in the league, would be a good chance for the 23-year-old to regain match fitness and earn regular playing time.