Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Morocco officially disqualified from 2015 AFCON
Morocco has been disqualified and stripped of hosting the 2015 African Cup of Nations after failing to meet the deadline set by CAF to confirm hosting the tournament over fears of the spreading of the deadly Ebola virus.
The decision was made final after the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) executive committee meeting took place in Cairo on Tuesday.
The response of the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Kingdom of Morocco in a letter dated November 8, 2014, requesting the postponement of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations in 2015, was taken into account whilst the final decision was being made according to cafonline.com.
CAF will now be looking into bids from other countries for a replacement to host 2015 AFCON with speculations that Algeria, Angola, Egypt and Nigeria being lined up as the possible replacements.
Following Morocco’s refusal to host the tournament, the executive committee has decided that the Atlas Lions will be automatically disqualified and will not take any part in the 30th edition of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.