Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Morocco officially disqualified from 2015 AFCON
Morocco has been disqualified and stripped of hosting the 2015 African Cup of Nations after failing to meet the deadline set by CAF to confirm hosting the tournament over fears of the spreading of the deadly Ebola virus.
The decision was made final after the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) executive committee meeting took place in Cairo on Tuesday.
The response of the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Kingdom of Morocco in a letter dated November 8, 2014, requesting the postponement of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations in 2015, was taken into account whilst the final decision was being made according to cafonline.com.
CAF will now be looking into bids from other countries for a replacement to host 2015 AFCON with speculations that Algeria, Angola, Egypt and Nigeria being lined up as the possible replacements.
Following Morocco’s refusal to host the tournament, the executive committee has decided that the Atlas Lions will be automatically disqualified and will not take any part in the 30th edition of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.