Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
WATCH: Sahar Shehata scores from halfway line in girls international tournament
17-year-old Egyptian Sahar Shehata scored a remarkable goal for Cairo American College at a girls’ international football tournament held at Frankfurt International School.
Egyptian high school varsity footballer Sahar Shehata scored an absolute stunner from kick-off right after going 1-0 down.
The goal was scored for Cairo American College in the final of an international football tournament – the International Schools Sports Tournament (ISST) Varsity Girls Soccer Championship – over the weekend, putting Egyptian high school football on the map.
Sahar Shehata, a high school senior, is looking for a scholarship to play in college in order to continue her love of playing the game. The goal right after kick-off, her fourth of the tournament, will surely leave an ever-lasting impression on the spectators for years to come, despite losing 2-1 in the final in the last minute of extra time.
Cairo American College, a high school in Cairo based in Maadi, travels to Europe every fall to compete in the ISST. With little serious competition for girls football in Egypt, besides Wadi Degla, Sahar and her team find it hard to measure themselves against great competition.
Despite Sahar’s star ability to change games she still chooses to be humble and mention her teammates: “What a way to end my final ISSTs for football. It’s unforgettable and I’m so glad that I got to play alongside those girls. They will forever be my favourite team and my family.”
With this shocker of a goal it makes you wonder what other Egyptian girls are flying under the radar. Cairo American College has had several high school boys make it to NCAA D1 programs through Elite International Soccer, a football company that does camps, clinics, outreach and college recruitment.