Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
VIDEO: Kahraba hits brace as Egyptian Olympic team thrashes Sudan 5-0
The Egyptian Olympic team thrashed Sudan 5-0 at the Air Defence stadium on Thursday night.
The young Pharaohs controlled the game’s first 45 minutes scoring 2 goals. The first came through Sporting Lisbon defender Rami Rabia in the 29th minute following a corner kick, with Rabia stooping low and scoring with a well placed header. The second was an own goal after a Mostafa Fathi long ball, which was intended for Koka, was headed over the keeper comically by a Sudanese defender right before the half time whistle.
Zamlek’s Mostafa Fathi and Ahly’s Karim Bambo continued their great performances this season with their national side too as they forced the Sudanese keeper into many saves in the first half.
In the second half the Sudanese side switched to damage control mode, defending deep, ultimately creating more space within the midfield which allowed the Young Pharaohs to create more chances for their forwards.
FC Grasshoper’s striker Kahraba came on to score two well taken goals in the second half. The young striker sliced open Sudan’s defence effortlessly as he ran from his half to the opponents penalty box before finishing with his left foot in the 73rd minute. Shoukry Naguib then scored a beauty in the 83rd minute to make it 4-0. The 21 year old slid past 2 defenders before finishing the goal perfectly at the far post.
Amr Warda assisted Kahraba’s second goal and Egypt’s fifth with a fantastic through ball in the 88th minute, with Kahraba latching on and finishing with aplomb into the top right corner of the net.
Check the games’ goals below.