The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VIDEO: Kahraba hits brace as Egyptian Olympic team thrashes Sudan 5-0
The Egyptian Olympic team thrashed Sudan 5-0 at the Air Defence stadium on Thursday night.
The young Pharaohs controlled the game’s first 45 minutes scoring 2 goals. The first came through Sporting Lisbon defender Rami Rabia in the 29th minute following a corner kick, with Rabia stooping low and scoring with a well placed header. The second was an own goal after a Mostafa Fathi long ball, which was intended for Koka, was headed over the keeper comically by a Sudanese defender right before the half time whistle.
Zamlek’s Mostafa Fathi and Ahly’s Karim Bambo continued their great performances this season with their national side too as they forced the Sudanese keeper into many saves in the first half.
In the second half the Sudanese side switched to damage control mode, defending deep, ultimately creating more space within the midfield which allowed the Young Pharaohs to create more chances for their forwards.
FC Grasshoper’s striker Kahraba came on to score two well taken goals in the second half. The young striker sliced open Sudan’s defence effortlessly as he ran from his half to the opponents penalty box before finishing with his left foot in the 73rd minute. Shoukry Naguib then scored a beauty in the 83rd minute to make it 4-0. The 21 year old slid past 2 defenders before finishing the goal perfectly at the far post.
Check the games’ goals below.