Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
INFOGRAPHIC: Egypt’s Koka has second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues
Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has the second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues, only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
The research, compiled by KingFut.com‘s Andrew Finn using data from Soccerway, requires a minimum of six goals per player in their respective leagues, with footballers plying their trade in England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain only to be considered.
Koka came in second place in minutes-per-goal, just behind Cristiano Ronaldo, with only two minutes and six seconds separating them, while he managed to beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Sergio Aguero, Diego Costa and Carlos Tevez.
Top minutes-per-goal ratios across Europe
England – Premier League:
[66.0] Sergio Agüero
[75.7] Diego Costa
[97.7] Alexis Sánchez
France – Ligue 1:
[106.3] Alexandre Lacazette
[112.6] Nabil Fekir
[113.9] André-Pierre Gignac
Germany – Bundesliga:
[121.6] Mario Götze
[129.3] Alexander Meier
[140.0] Thomas Müller
Italy – Serie A:
[97.5] Carlos Tévez
[111.1] José Callejón
[122.2] Mauro Icardi
Portugal – Primeira Liga:
Spain – La Liga:
[50.0] Cristiano Ronaldo
[118.6] Karim Benzema
Koka started the season brightly as his first goals were a ‘perfect hat-trick’ against Estoril, scoring with his left, right foot and a header.
He had to wait two more months until he scored again coming off the bench and scoring the winner as Rio Ave brought to an end their two month winless run in the Liga against Penafiel.
It didn’t take too long for Koka to score again in the Primeira Liga as he bagged a brace almost two weeks after his winner against Penafiel, this time to help Rio Ave beat Academica 3-0.
It is worth noting that Hassan hasn’t been selected by Shawky Gharib in the Egyptian national team squad ahead of their crucial African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia, despite Koka’s decent form this season.