Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
INFOGRAPHIC: Egypt’s Koka has second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues
Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has the second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues, only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
The research, compiled by KingFut.com‘s Andrew Finn using data from Soccerway, requires a minimum of six goals per player in their respective leagues, with footballers plying their trade in England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain only to be considered.
Koka came in second place in minutes-per-goal, just behind Cristiano Ronaldo, with only two minutes and six seconds separating them, while he managed to beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Sergio Aguero, Diego Costa and Carlos Tevez.
Top minutes-per-goal ratios across Europe
England – Premier League:
[66.0] Sergio Agüero
[75.7] Diego Costa
[97.7] Alexis Sánchez
France – Ligue 1:
[106.3] Alexandre Lacazette
[112.6] Nabil Fekir
[113.9] André-Pierre Gignac
Germany – Bundesliga:
[121.6] Mario Götze
[129.3] Alexander Meier
[140.0] Thomas Müller
Italy – Serie A:
[97.5] Carlos Tévez
[111.1] José Callejón
[122.2] Mauro Icardi
Portugal – Primeira Liga:
Spain – La Liga:
[50.0] Cristiano Ronaldo
[118.6] Karim Benzema
Koka started the season brightly as his first goals were a ‘perfect hat-trick’ against Estoril, scoring with his left, right foot and a header.
He had to wait two more months until he scored again coming off the bench and scoring the winner as Rio Ave brought to an end their two month winless run in the Liga against Penafiel.
It didn’t take too long for Koka to score again in the Primeira Liga as he bagged a brace almost two weeks after his winner against Penafiel, this time to help Rio Ave beat Academica 3-0.
It is worth noting that Hassan hasn’t been selected by Shawky Gharib in the Egyptian national team squad ahead of their crucial African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia, despite Koka’s decent form this season.