Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
INFOGRAPHIC: Egypt’s Koka has second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues
Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has the second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues, only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
The research, compiled by KingFut.com‘s Andrew Finn using data from Soccerway, requires a minimum of six goals per player in their respective leagues, with footballers plying their trade in England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain only to be considered.
Koka came in second place in minutes-per-goal, just behind Cristiano Ronaldo, with only two minutes and six seconds separating them, while he managed to beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Sergio Aguero, Diego Costa and Carlos Tevez.
Top minutes-per-goal ratios across Europe
England – Premier League:
[66.0] Sergio Agüero
[75.7] Diego Costa
[97.7] Alexis Sánchez
France – Ligue 1:
[106.3] Alexandre Lacazette
[112.6] Nabil Fekir
[113.9] André-Pierre Gignac
Germany – Bundesliga:
[121.6] Mario Götze
[129.3] Alexander Meier
[140.0] Thomas Müller
Italy – Serie A:
[97.5] Carlos Tévez
[111.1] José Callejón
[122.2] Mauro Icardi
Portugal – Primeira Liga:
Spain – La Liga:
[50.0] Cristiano Ronaldo
[118.6] Karim Benzema
Koka started the season brightly as his first goals were a ‘perfect hat-trick’ against Estoril, scoring with his left, right foot and a header.
He had to wait two more months until he scored again coming off the bench and scoring the winner as Rio Ave brought to an end their two month winless run in the Liga against Penafiel.
It didn’t take too long for Koka to score again in the Primeira Liga as he bagged a brace almost two weeks after his winner against Penafiel, this time to help Rio Ave beat Academica 3-0.
It is worth noting that Hassan hasn’t been selected by Shawky Gharib in the Egyptian national team squad ahead of their crucial African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia, despite Koka’s decent form this season.