Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
INFOGRAPHIC: Egypt’s Koka has second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues
Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has the second best minutes-per-goal ratio in Europe’s top leagues, only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
The research, compiled by KingFut.com‘s Andrew Finn using data from Soccerway, requires a minimum of six goals per player in their respective leagues, with footballers plying their trade in England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain only to be considered.
Koka came in second place in minutes-per-goal, just behind Cristiano Ronaldo, with only two minutes and six seconds separating them, while he managed to beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Sergio Aguero, Diego Costa and Carlos Tevez.
Top minutes-per-goal ratios across Europe
England – Premier League:
[66.0] Sergio Agüero
[75.7] Diego Costa
[97.7] Alexis Sánchez
France – Ligue 1:
[106.3] Alexandre Lacazette
[112.6] Nabil Fekir
[113.9] André-Pierre Gignac
Germany – Bundesliga:
[121.6] Mario Götze
[129.3] Alexander Meier
[140.0] Thomas Müller
Italy – Serie A:
[97.5] Carlos Tévez
[111.1] José Callejón
[122.2] Mauro Icardi
Portugal – Primeira Liga:
Spain – La Liga:
[50.0] Cristiano Ronaldo
[118.6] Karim Benzema
Koka started the season brightly as his first goals were a ‘perfect hat-trick’ against Estoril, scoring with his left, right foot and a header.
He had to wait two more months until he scored again coming off the bench and scoring the winner as Rio Ave brought to an end their two month winless run in the Liga against Penafiel.
It didn’t take too long for Koka to score again in the Primeira Liga as he bagged a brace almost two weeks after his winner against Penafiel, this time to help Rio Ave beat Academica 3-0.
It is worth noting that Hassan hasn’t been selected by Shawky Gharib in the Egyptian national team squad ahead of their crucial African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia, despite Koka’s decent form this season.