Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
CAF announces Equatorial Guinea to host AFCON 2015
Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) officially announced that Equatorial Guinea will host the Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.
On November 14th, CAF announced that Equatorial Guinea are set to host the 2015 African Cup of Nations instead of Morocco, who have been disqualified and stripped of hosting the tournament over fears of deadly Ebola spreading through the country.
The announcement was made official after president of CAF Issa Hayatou’s meeting with the head of state and president of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to discuss the possibility for Equatorial Guinea to host the 2015 AFCON, which ended in an agreement.
Therefore, the Equatorial Guinea national team is set to participate in the tournament after being disqualified earlier from the qualifiers due to an administrative error, fielding a suspended player against Mauritania.
The competition will take place from January 17 to February 8, 2015 as scheduled earlier and the draw for the finals will take place in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014.
Malabo, Bata, Mongomo and Ebebiyin are the four cities selected to host the tournament.