Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
CAF announces Equatorial Guinea to host AFCON 2015
On November 14th, CAF announced that Equatorial Guinea are set to host the 2015 African Cup of Nations instead of Morocco, who have been disqualified and stripped of hosting the tournament over fears of deadly Ebola spreading through the country.
The announcement was made official after president of CAF Issa Hayatou’s meeting with the head of state and president of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to discuss the possibility for Equatorial Guinea to host the 2015 AFCON, which ended in an agreement.
Therefore, the Equatorial Guinea national team is set to participate in the tournament after being disqualified earlier from the qualifiers due to an administrative error, fielding a suspended player against Mauritania.
The competition will take place from January 17 to February 8, 2015 as scheduled earlier and the draw for the finals will take place in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014.
Malabo, Bata, Mongomo and Ebebiyin are the four cities selected to host the tournament.