Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
CAF announces Equatorial Guinea to host AFCON 2015
Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) officially announced that Equatorial Guinea will host the Africa Cup of Nations in 2015.
On November 14th, CAF announced that Equatorial Guinea are set to host the 2015 African Cup of Nations instead of Morocco, who have been disqualified and stripped of hosting the tournament over fears of deadly Ebola spreading through the country.
The announcement was made official after president of CAF Issa Hayatou’s meeting with the head of state and president of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to discuss the possibility for Equatorial Guinea to host the 2015 AFCON, which ended in an agreement.
Therefore, the Equatorial Guinea national team is set to participate in the tournament after being disqualified earlier from the qualifiers due to an administrative error, fielding a suspended player against Mauritania.
The competition will take place from January 17 to February 8, 2015 as scheduled earlier and the draw for the finals will take place in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014.
Malabo, Bata, Mongomo and Ebebiyin are the four cities selected to host the tournament.