Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
CAF announces Equatorial Guinea to host AFCON 2015
On November 14th, CAF announced that Equatorial Guinea are set to host the 2015 African Cup of Nations instead of Morocco, who have been disqualified and stripped of hosting the tournament over fears of deadly Ebola spreading through the country.
The announcement was made official after president of CAF Issa Hayatou’s meeting with the head of state and president of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to discuss the possibility for Equatorial Guinea to host the 2015 AFCON, which ended in an agreement.
Therefore, the Equatorial Guinea national team is set to participate in the tournament after being disqualified earlier from the qualifiers due to an administrative error, fielding a suspended player against Mauritania.
The competition will take place from January 17 to February 8, 2015 as scheduled earlier and the draw for the finals will take place in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014.
Malabo, Bata, Mongomo and Ebebiyin are the four cities selected to host the tournament.