Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Sporting president: Shikabala is missing but he’s not Rambo
Last Wednesday, Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho gave an interview to the club’s TV station, where he spoke about several topics, including the issue regarding Egyptian midfielder Shikabala, missing from the club since September.
The interview, which lasted for approximately two and a half hours, gave the controversial president plenty of time to talk about his team and the current issues in Portuguese football.
Shikabala, who hasn’t shown up for training since September, following a friendly in Egypt against Ittihad of Alexandria, was a subject which Carvalho approached in a somewhat comical manner.
“It is a perfectly normal sports management issue. Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo. He’s not missing in action. One day he’ll leave under Sporting’s terms. He was bought for 200 thousand Euros and then we’ll see for how much he’s going to get sold for.”
Linked with Ittihad of Alexandria and clubs in Turkey, Shikabala has a contract with Sporting until 2018 and a buyout clause of 45 million Euros.