The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Sporting president: Shikabala is missing but he’s not Rambo
Last Wednesday, Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho gave an interview to the club’s TV station, where he spoke about several topics, including the issue regarding Egyptian midfielder Shikabala, missing from the club since September.
The interview, which lasted for approximately two and a half hours, gave the controversial president plenty of time to talk about his team and the current issues in Portuguese football.
Shikabala, who hasn’t shown up for training since September, following a friendly in Egypt against Ittihad of Alexandria, was a subject which Carvalho approached in a somewhat comical manner.
“It is a perfectly normal sports management issue. Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo. He’s not missing in action. One day he’ll leave under Sporting’s terms. He was bought for 200 thousand Euros and then we’ll see for how much he’s going to get sold for.”
Linked with Ittihad of Alexandria and clubs in Turkey, Shikabala has a contract with Sporting until 2018 and a buyout clause of 45 million Euros.