KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Sporting president: Shikabala is missing but he’s not Rambo
Last Wednesday, Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho gave an interview to the club’s TV station, where he spoke about several topics, including the issue regarding Egyptian midfielder Shikabala, missing from the club since September.
The interview, which lasted for approximately two and a half hours, gave the controversial president plenty of time to talk about his team and the current issues in Portuguese football.
Shikabala, who hasn’t shown up for training since September, following a friendly in Egypt against Ittihad of Alexandria, was a subject which Carvalho approached in a somewhat comical manner.
“It is a perfectly normal sports management issue. Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo. He’s not missing in action. One day he’ll leave under Sporting’s terms. He was bought for 200 thousand Euros and then we’ll see for how much he’s going to get sold for.”
Linked with Ittihad of Alexandria and clubs in Turkey, Shikabala has a contract with Sporting until 2018 and a buyout clause of 45 million Euros.