Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Sporting president: Shikabala is missing but he’s not Rambo
Last Wednesday, Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho gave an interview to the club’s TV station, where he spoke about several topics, including the issue regarding Egyptian midfielder Shikabala, missing from the club since September.
The interview, which lasted for approximately two and a half hours, gave the controversial president plenty of time to talk about his team and the current issues in Portuguese football.
Shikabala, who hasn’t shown up for training since September, following a friendly in Egypt against Ittihad of Alexandria, was a subject which Carvalho approached in a somewhat comical manner.
“It is a perfectly normal sports management issue. Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo. He’s not missing in action. One day he’ll leave under Sporting’s terms. He was bought for 200 thousand Euros and then we’ll see for how much he’s going to get sold for.”
Linked with Ittihad of Alexandria and clubs in Turkey, Shikabala has a contract with Sporting until 2018 and a buyout clause of 45 million Euros.