Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Agent: Shikabala will try to leave Sporting
The agent of Shikabala, Samir Abdel Tawab, has stated that his client is looking to terminate his contract with Sporting in order to find another club.
Having signed for Sporting less than a year ago from Zamalek in a €500,000 deal, Shikabala’s spell at the Portuguese club has been troubled, with the player making just one official appearance for the club, on his début.
During the summer transfer window, the Egyptian was linked with several moves away from Sporting, none of which actually materialised .
The problems got worse in September, as the 28-year-old failed to return to the club from international duty, leading to widespread reports in the Portuguese media that he would be disciplined upon arrival back in the Portuguese capital.
According to the Portuguese football site, MaisFutebol, the player’s agent, Samir Abdel Tawab, said that Shikabala will “try to leave Sporting,” and “the player wants to embrace a new experience in his career.”
While this is a serious situation, Sporting’s President, Bruno de Carvalho, made some light-hearted comments recently to the club’s television channel, saying “Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo,” however, he has gone on record elsewhere saying that the club will not terminate Shikabala’s contract “for nothing [for free].”
Any future, permanent, move for Shikabala is likely to be complicated by his release clause at Sporting, which is €45 million.