Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Agent: Shikabala will try to leave Sporting
The agent of Shikabala, Samir Abdel Tawab, has stated that his client is looking to terminate his contract with Sporting in order to find another club.
Having signed for Sporting less than a year ago from Zamalek in a €500,000 deal, Shikabala’s spell at the Portuguese club has been troubled, with the player making just one official appearance for the club, on his début.
During the summer transfer window, the Egyptian was linked with several moves away from Sporting, none of which actually materialised .
The problems got worse in September, as the 28-year-old failed to return to the club from international duty, leading to widespread reports in the Portuguese media that he would be disciplined upon arrival back in the Portuguese capital.
According to the Portuguese football site, MaisFutebol, the player’s agent, Samir Abdel Tawab, said that Shikabala will “try to leave Sporting,” and “the player wants to embrace a new experience in his career.”
While this is a serious situation, Sporting’s President, Bruno de Carvalho, made some light-hearted comments recently to the club’s television channel, saying “Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo,” however, he has gone on record elsewhere saying that the club will not terminate Shikabala’s contract “for nothing [for free].”
Any future, permanent, move for Shikabala is likely to be complicated by his release clause at Sporting, which is €45 million.