Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Agent: Shikabala will try to leave Sporting
The agent of Shikabala, Samir Abdel Tawab, has stated that his client is looking to terminate his contract with Sporting in order to find another club.
Having signed for Sporting less than a year ago from Zamalek in a €500,000 deal, Shikabala’s spell at the Portuguese club has been troubled, with the player making just one official appearance for the club, on his début.
During the summer transfer window, the Egyptian was linked with several moves away from Sporting, none of which actually materialised .
The problems got worse in September, as the 28-year-old failed to return to the club from international duty, leading to widespread reports in the Portuguese media that he would be disciplined upon arrival back in the Portuguese capital.
According to the Portuguese football site, MaisFutebol, the player’s agent, Samir Abdel Tawab, said that Shikabala will “try to leave Sporting,” and “the player wants to embrace a new experience in his career.”
While this is a serious situation, Sporting’s President, Bruno de Carvalho, made some light-hearted comments recently to the club’s television channel, saying “Shikabala is missing, but he’s not Rambo,” however, he has gone on record elsewhere saying that the club will not terminate Shikabala’s contract “for nothing [for free].”
Any future, permanent, move for Shikabala is likely to be complicated by his release clause at Sporting, which is €45 million.