Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Fiorentina’s Hegazy could join Espanyol in January – Reports
The 23-year-old international, who was linked with a move to Serie club Chievo Verona last week, is struggling to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team due to the stiff competition with the likes of Gonzalo Rodríguez, Stefan Savić, Marcos Alonso and Nenad Tomovic.
With these defenders available, among others, while Hegazy recovered from a second consecutive ACL injury towards the end of March, the towering Egyptian has been left out of the Viola’s squad for most of their Serie A games this season.
According to AS, Barcelona-based club Espanyol would like to take advantage of Hegazy’s current situation at Fiorentina and sign him on loan in the upcoming transfer window.
The Egyptian international is yet to make his first appearance in Serie A this season after 11 games played, which may make him keen on the move in January.