Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Tawfik renews Zamalek contract
On Tuesday the 18th of November, Zamalek announced the renewal of Ahmed Tawfik’s contract for four years.
An announcement was made official after an agreement had been reached between the Whites’ board of directors and the player – whose contract expired at the end of the season – for the latter to stay at the club for four more years starting the 2015/2016 season.
The renewal comes as a surprise as Tawfik, along with Omar Gaber, were under much criticism and heat from the board, especially from Zamalek president Mortada Mansour.
The president also verbally attacked both players following the club’s Super Cup defeat against Al Ahly earlier this season, saying “who are they?” in an intent to show that they are not good enough to play for Zamalek, while also demanding from then manager Hossam Hassan to drop them.
Tawfik has been linked to a move to Europe for several years, with Maritimo rumoured to be interested in the player, as well as previous more intense links with Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.