Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Tawfik renews Zamalek contract
An announcement was made official after an agreement had been reached between the Whites’ board of directors and the player – whose contract expired at the end of the season – for the latter to stay at the club for four more years starting the 2015/2016 season.
The renewal comes as a surprise as Tawfik, along with Omar Gaber, were under much criticism and heat from the board, especially from Zamalek president Mortada Mansour.
The president also verbally attacked both players following the club’s Super Cup defeat against Al Ahly earlier this season, saying “who are they?” in an intent to show that they are not good enough to play for Zamalek, while also demanding from then manager Hossam Hassan to drop them.
Tawfik has been linked to a move to Europe for several years, with Maritimo rumoured to be interested in the player, as well as previous more intense links with Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.