Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Tawfik renews Zamalek contract
On Tuesday the 18th of November, Zamalek announced the renewal of Ahmed Tawfik’s contract for four years.
An announcement was made official after an agreement had been reached between the Whites’ board of directors and the player – whose contract expired at the end of the season – for the latter to stay at the club for four more years starting the 2015/2016 season.
The renewal comes as a surprise as Tawfik, along with Omar Gaber, were under much criticism and heat from the board, especially from Zamalek president Mortada Mansour.
The president also verbally attacked both players following the club’s Super Cup defeat against Al Ahly earlier this season, saying “who are they?” in an intent to show that they are not good enough to play for Zamalek, while also demanding from then manager Hossam Hassan to drop them.
Tawfik has been linked to a move to Europe for several years, with Maritimo rumoured to be interested in the player, as well as previous more intense links with Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.