Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Tawfik renews Zamalek contract
An announcement was made official after an agreement had been reached between the Whites’ board of directors and the player – whose contract expired at the end of the season – for the latter to stay at the club for four more years starting the 2015/2016 season.
The renewal comes as a surprise as Tawfik, along with Omar Gaber, were under much criticism and heat from the board, especially from Zamalek president Mortada Mansour.
The president also verbally attacked both players following the club’s Super Cup defeat against Al Ahly earlier this season, saying “who are they?” in an intent to show that they are not good enough to play for Zamalek, while also demanding from then manager Hossam Hassan to drop them.
Tawfik has been linked to a move to Europe for several years, with Maritimo rumoured to be interested in the player, as well as previous more intense links with Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.