AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ultras Ahlawy attack Ittihad of Alexandria youth team bus
Members of Ultras Ahlawy attacked the Ittihad of Alexandria youth team’s bus following the Red Devils’ 2-0 win against Seed El Balad on Monday.
One thousand Ultras Ahlawy members were present at the club’s famous Mokhtar El-Tetsh Stadium to witness Al Ahly’s Under-21 youth team, led by 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League winner Fathy Mabrouk, overcome Ittihad of Alexandria 2-0 in the Third Round of the National Cup.
According to El Fagr Sport, Ultras Ahlawy were cursing and verbally attacking the visiting team throughout the game, before following the team bus until they halted traffic and attacked it using stones and flares. The fans’ attacks destroyed the left side of the bus, most notably injuring Ittihad manager Mahmoud Ezz.
The report also states that the Al Ahly board offered the Ittihad team another bus to return them to Alexandria, but Ittihad coach Mahmoud Ezz had been ordered by his club’s board not to accept Al Ahly’s offer, instead heading to the headquarters of Wadi Degla to wait for another bus to arrive from Alexandria.
Following the incident, the U-18 match between both sides has been postponed, as well as postponing a Basketball game between both sides.