KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
EFA spokesman links Egypt’s AFCON elimination to Muslim Brotherhood
Megahed has been a vocal critic of the Muslim Brotherhood and now seems to have found another reason to criticize them.
“We have to say a word for God’s truth… The three awful, black years in the Brotherhood era have had their effect on football in Egypt, stopping football in the country for two or three years,” Megahed said on Egyptian satellite channel LTC TV.
It is worth noting that the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi governed Egypt for little over a year, during which time the Egyptian Premier League was running. The league was stopped twice since the 2011 revolution: once before and once after Morsi’s presidency.
“We need to rebuild the football structure in Egypt. We need officials in this country in the stature and value of president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi,” Megahed concluded.