Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
EFA spokesman links Egypt’s AFCON elimination to Muslim Brotherhood
Megahed has been a vocal critic of the Muslim Brotherhood and now seems to have found another reason to criticize them.
“We have to say a word for God’s truth… The three awful, black years in the Brotherhood era have had their effect on football in Egypt, stopping football in the country for two or three years,” Megahed said on Egyptian satellite channel LTC TV.
It is worth noting that the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi governed Egypt for little over a year, during which time the Egyptian Premier League was running. The league was stopped twice since the 2011 revolution: once before and once after Morsi’s presidency.
“We need to rebuild the football structure in Egypt. We need officials in this country in the stature and value of president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi,” Megahed concluded.