Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
El-Shennawy’s injury to keep him out for 4-6 weeks
The 23-year-old goalkeeper was injured during Zamalek’s match against Harras El-Hodood in the 8th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
After starting for the national team against Senegal, he aggravated the injury and as a result, was not able to feature against Tunisia.
“According to the medical tests, the injury requires me to be absent for a period of 30 to 45 days,” said El-Shennawy to Yallakora.
Zamalek later confirmed the news on their official social media pages.
غياب أحمد الشناوي حارس مرمى نادي الزمالك عن الملاعب لمدة تتراوح من شهر إلى شهر ونصف بسبب إصابته بجزع في الكاحل. pic.twitter.com/xvshCKZKQh
He went on to explain that the injury (a sprained ankle) requires him to wear a plastic cast around his leg until he recovers, as opposed to a plaster cast.
27-year-old Mahmoud Gennesh is likely to deputise for the White Knights between the posts for the next few weeks.
Zamalek, ranked third in the league standings after seven games, resume their domestic campaign on Sunday against Premier League newcomers Al-Ragaa, before hosting high-flying Al Masry just six days later.