Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
El-Shennawy’s injury to keep him out for 4-6 weeks
Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy won’t be able to represent his club in the foreseeable future, due to his recent injury.
The 23-year-old goalkeeper was injured during Zamalek’s match against Harras El-Hodood in the 8th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
After starting for the national team against Senegal, he aggravated the injury and as a result, was not able to feature against Tunisia.
“According to the medical tests, the injury requires me to be absent for a period of 30 to 45 days,” said El-Shennawy to Yallakora.
Zamalek later confirmed the news on their official social media pages.
غياب أحمد الشناوي حارس مرمى نادي الزمالك عن الملاعب لمدة تتراوح من شهر إلى شهر ونصف بسبب إصابته بجزع في الكاحل. pic.twitter.com/xvshCKZKQh
He went on to explain that the injury (a sprained ankle) requires him to wear a plastic cast around his leg until he recovers, as opposed to a plaster cast.
27-year-old Mahmoud Gennesh is likely to deputise for the White Knights between the posts for the next few weeks.
Zamalek, ranked third in the league standings after seven games, resume their domestic campaign on Sunday against Premier League newcomers Al-Ragaa, before hosting high-flying Al Masry just six days later.