Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Hassan Shehata: Difaâ El Jadida forced me out
Hassan Shehata revealed that he faced a lot of harassment back in Morocco, including getting locked in his hotel room, in attempts from Difaâ El Jadida’s board of directors to force him out of the club.
Shehata, who officially reached an agreement to coach Arab Contractors, said that he didn’t receive any of his wages for the past three months, neither did the players get their bonuses.
Moroccan side Difaâ El Jadida are reportedly set to file a complaint to FIFA against the former Egypt national team coach, but Shehata claims he was forced out of the club.
“It had reached a point with the club that they told the hotel staff to lock me in my room, in order to make my stay at the hotel longer and make me angry,” said Shehata.
“The team did not receive any clothing gear from the club, and people were starting to notice.
“Difaâ booked me a one-way flight to Cairo,” Shehata concluded.