Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Hassan Shehata: Difaâ El Jadida forced me out
Hassan Shehata revealed that he faced a lot of harassment back in Morocco, including getting locked in his hotel room, in attempts from Difaâ El Jadida’s board of directors to force him out of the club.
Shehata, who officially reached an agreement to coach Arab Contractors, said that he didn’t receive any of his wages for the past three months, neither did the players get their bonuses.
Moroccan side Difaâ El Jadida are reportedly set to file a complaint to FIFA against the former Egypt national team coach, but Shehata claims he was forced out of the club.
“It had reached a point with the club that they told the hotel staff to lock me in my room, in order to make my stay at the hotel longer and make me angry,” said Shehata.
“The team did not receive any clothing gear from the club, and people were starting to notice.
“Difaâ booked me a one-way flight to Cairo,” Shehata concluded.