Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Al Ahly, Zamalek squads announced
Zamalek coach Jaime Pacheco and Al Ahly coach Juan Carlos Garrido have announced the players who are set to face Al-Ragaa and Al-Nasr respectively in gameweek 9 of the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday.
Zamalek’s squad witnessed the return of Ahmed Ali and the first appearance for Mohamed Shaaban for Zamalek this season.
Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ibrahim Salah and Hazem Emam will miss out due to their injuries with the Egyptian national team, whilst Ayman Hefny has not been deemed match fit after just returning from his injury.
Abdoulaye Cissé, Reda El-Azab, Islam Gamal and Mostafa Fathi were also excluded from the list due to technical issues.
Zamalek squad list:
Goalkeepers: Mahmoud Gennesh, Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Ahmed Dweidar, Ali Gabr, Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Koffi, Ahmed Samir, Omar Gaber.
Midfielders: Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Momen Zakaria, Ahmed Eid, Mohamed Shaaban.
Forwards: Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Ali, Basem Morsi, Youssef Ibrahim ‘Obama’.
On the other hand, Juan Carlos Garrido took the decision to omit Moussa Yedan and Hossam Ashour from the list in order to prepare them for the CAF Confederation Cup final against Ivorian outfit Sewe Sport – whilst Walid Soliman, Mohamed Naguib, and Sabri Rahil all miss the game due to suspension.
Additionally, Saad Samir made the 18-player roster despite a recent injury scare.
Al Ahly squad list:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed Adel, Mosaad Awad
Defenders: Saad Samir, Loay ‘Luca’ Badr, Sherif Hazem, Bassem Ali, Hussein El-Sayed, Mohamed Hany.
Midfielders: Ahmed Khairy, Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Islam Roshdy, Mohamed Rizk, Mohamed Farouk, Ramadan Sobhy.
Forwards: Karim Bambo, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Emad Meteb.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are set to face Al-Nasr on Wednesday at 20:00 Cairo Local Time, whilst Zamalek will square off against Al-Ragaa at 17:00.