Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Koka scores as Rio Ave beat Oliveirense in Portuguese Cup
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ scored the second goal of the night to help Rio Ave continue their Portuguese cup campaign with a 2-0 win against second tier side UD Oliveirense.
Early in the game Oliveirense’s Godinho hit the post with a header which stunned Koka’s side, who were runners-up last season, causing them to apply pressure on their opponents during the first half before slowing the pace of the game down later on. However, both sides failed to score before the half-time whistle.
In the second half, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ came on for Rio Ave in the 60th minute and had a goal ruled out minutes after coming on. However, the game’s first goal came in the 75th minute through his colleague Diego Lopez following a Marvin Zeeglar cross.
The Egyptian striker scored the match’s second goal just 17 minutes after coming off the bench – and two minutes after the first goal – which will certainly improve his incredible 52.6 goal-per-minute ratio even further.
Is is worth mentioning that Koka has scored two more goals this season than he did in the entire 2013/14 campaign, which shows how the 21-year-old has developed during the past few months.
In spite of his phenomenal form, Koka was not picked by Shawky Gharib in Egypt’s squad which lost to Senegal and Tunisia over the international break, as the likes of 31-year-old veteran striker Emad Meteb and Zamalek’s Khaled Kamar were chosen instead.
Rio Ave are to play two tough matches in the space of three days on the 27th of November against Dynamo Kyiv and FC Porto on the 30th of November.
Koka’s side currently lie in seventh place in the Primeira Liga.