Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Abdallah Gomaa to bid farewell to Germany?
Less than a year after his 18-month loan from ENPPI, Abdallah’s intermittent absence from the second division German outfit could change to a permanent one, according to Berliner Kurier.
The German website stated that Gomaa is currently back home in Egypt recovering from an injury, and has also missed his German lessons, which has been a factor in the Egyptian’s lack of bonding with his teammates.
Gomaa has struggled to feature prominently in the team and the lack of playing time over the past few months has only added to Gomaa’s unfortunate situation.
The 18-year-old winger arrived as a very young raw talent on deadline day last January, however, the coaching staff failed to integrate him into their squad.
The circumstances for the termination of the Egyptian’s contract is unclear as ENPPI still reportedly want their share of the fee from the transfer.
When Abdallah was on trial, coach Uwe Neuhaus expressed his admiration of the Egyptian’s flexibility in different positions and the pace of his dribbling before choosing to sign him.