ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Abdallah Gomaa to bid farewell to Germany?
Less than a year after his 18-month loan from ENPPI, Abdallah’s intermittent absence from the second division German outfit could change to a permanent one, according to Berliner Kurier.
The German website stated that Gomaa is currently back home in Egypt recovering from an injury, and has also missed his German lessons, which has been a factor in the Egyptian’s lack of bonding with his teammates.
Gomaa has struggled to feature prominently in the team and the lack of playing time over the past few months has only added to Gomaa’s unfortunate situation.
The 18-year-old winger arrived as a very young raw talent on deadline day last January, however, the coaching staff failed to integrate him into their squad.
The circumstances for the termination of the Egyptian’s contract is unclear as ENPPI still reportedly want their share of the fee from the transfer.
When Abdallah was on trial, coach Uwe Neuhaus expressed his admiration of the Egyptian’s flexibility in different positions and the pace of his dribbling before choosing to sign him.