Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Farouk Gaafar gets the sack, hits back at EFA’s unprofessionalism
Farouk Gaafar has been sacked from his position as technical director of the Egyptian Football Association.
The Egyptian Football Association has announced the sacking of ex-Zamalek and Egypt international Farouk Gaafar, due to his continuous media appearances which have affected his job as the technical director of the EFA.
Farouk Gaafar had been on board since January 2014 and sees an end to his position after just 11 months.
It is worth noting that during his era, all of Egypt’s national teams have failed to qualify for their respective African competitions.
In defence of his sacking, Gaafar stated that he was not given full control over his responsibilities and that there was a lot of things going on in the FA, denying he was the person to blame for the national teams poor form.
Gaafar made an appearance on Al-Nahar Sports with ex-Egypt international goalkeeper, Nader Al-Sayed, hitting back at the EFA for his dismissal, saying the only reason he was fired was because he accused the Egyptian FA of “not understanding football.”
Farouk Gaafar has been replaced temporarily by former Ahly youth team player Mahmoud About El-Enein, who was the first manager to take the Egyptian women’s football team to the World Cup.