Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Garrido demands improvement from Ahly players ahead of cup final
“I ask the players to forget the Nasr game and concentrate on the final in Côte d’Ivoire to ease our mission in the second leg in Cairo,” Garrido said.
Al Ahly defeated bottom team Al-Nasr with a narrow scoreline in the last minutes of the game, thanks to a Ramadan Sobhy header.
Garrido has also pointed out his disappointment at the team’s performance after he fielded a younger squad that did not meet expectations.
“I expected more from the young players who always demand to have a chance to play in the official games,” exclaimed the former Villarreal manager.
Sights on history
“We are aware that winning the Confederation Cup is a huge dream for millions of Egyptians. We will work hard for it,” said the Spanish manager.
“We want to be part of the success story of Al Ahly. We can now get a place in this history by winning a title that would make a country very happy.
A triumph over both legs would see Al Ahly extend their lead over AC Milan as the most internationally decorated club in history.
“It is important that players know they must work hard and show concentration to win. We will have to fight hard because Séwé is a very tough opponent with players of great quality. We respect Séwé Sport and we know what they can do.
“Good defensive work will be key to control the game. We must keep possession and score opportunities we will have. It is a stadium where you can play good football.”
Al Ahly won the African Cup Winners’ Cup – the CAF Confederation Cup’s predecessor – on four occasions, while Séwé Sport are making their first final appearance in a continental competition.
The match is set to kick-off at 5:00 pm (Egypt local time).