AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
INFOGRAPHIC: Spotlight on El-Nenny in the UCL
In spite of being in the same group with the Spanish titans Real Madrid and English Premier League runners-up Liverpool, FC Basel are so far sitting in the second qualifying spot three points ahead of the Reds and Bulgarian outfit Ludogorets Razgrad with six points in hand, waiting for two decisive encounters on the horizon.
Kingfut’s Hesham Abozekry directs the spotlight at the young Egyptian who was chosen amongst the 25 nominees list for winning the African player of the year, featuring his stats in this season’s edition of the UEFA Champions League.
El-Nenny who came off the bench in the last game FC Basel’s last game against FC Aarau of the Swiss Super League last Sunday and provided an assist, is strongly predicted to be in the starting line-up for the Swiss Champions against Real Madrid. The Egyptian has played more minutes than any other midfielder for Basel this campaign not missing a single minute so far in the Champions League group stages.
*The following INFOGRAPHIC shows Mohamed El-Nenny’s statistics, featuring some of his offensive and defensive numbers to highlight the key strengths of the Egyptian.
This table also compares El-Nenny’s statistics to his fellow midfielders, his numbers clearly show why he has been chosen to play the whole four games taking into consideration that two of the four games were played against two heavy-weights Real Madrid and Liverpool.