Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
INFOGRAPHIC: Spotlight on El-Nenny in the UCL
In spite of being in the same group with the Spanish titans Real Madrid and English Premier League runners-up Liverpool, FC Basel are so far sitting in the second qualifying spot three points ahead of the Reds and Bulgarian outfit Ludogorets Razgrad with six points in hand, waiting for two decisive encounters on the horizon.
Kingfut’s Hesham Abozekry directs the spotlight at the young Egyptian who was chosen amongst the 25 nominees list for winning the African player of the year, featuring his stats in this season’s edition of the UEFA Champions League.
El-Nenny who came off the bench in the last game FC Basel’s last game against FC Aarau of the Swiss Super League last Sunday and provided an assist, is strongly predicted to be in the starting line-up for the Swiss Champions against Real Madrid. The Egyptian has played more minutes than any other midfielder for Basel this campaign not missing a single minute so far in the Champions League group stages.
*The following INFOGRAPHIC shows Mohamed El-Nenny’s statistics, featuring some of his offensive and defensive numbers to highlight the key strengths of the Egyptian.
This table also compares El-Nenny’s statistics to his fellow midfielders, his numbers clearly show why he has been chosen to play the whole four games taking into consideration that two of the four games were played against two heavy-weights Real Madrid and Liverpool.