Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Ahmed Gaafar scores hat-trick as ENPPI hit six past Al-Nasr
Tarek El-Ashry’s ENPPI have gone top of the table with a splendid display over bottom side Al-Nasr, after a hat-trick from Gaafar, a double from Amr El-Halawany and and a goal from Ahmed Salem Safy
In the early minutes of the game, ENPPI were awarded a penalty, after Al-Nasr’s defender handed the ball in the penalty box, through which Amr El-Halawany converted to give ENPPI the lead.
Ahmed Gaafar then score his second goal of the season and his first of three in the match to strengthen his side’s lead before El-Halawany added his second of the game from a well-placed free-kick in the 37th minute.
Amr El-Halawany was denied his hat-trick after his free-kick hit the post in the second half, but the rebound came to Gaafar who scored it with ease.
Ahmed Salem Safy then headed in ENPPI’s fifth of the match before Ahmed Gaafar ended the goal spree with a splendid header in the dying minutes of the game.
ENPPI have now reclaimed their spot at the top of the table with Zamalek having a game in hand, while Al-Nasr remain at the bottom of the table.
Elsewhere in the Egyptian Premier League, former Al Ahly striker El-Sayed Hamdy scored a brace against Haras El-Hodood to take his tally to six goals in eight league games for Misr El-Maqassa this season.