Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mohamed Zidan reportedly close to Ismaily
The 32-year-old Egyptian, who has been a free agent since 2013 after a long dispute with his previous club Baniyas, has refused an offer to work as a football analyst at MBC Masr and is looking forward to making a return to the pitch as soon as the next transfer window.
The ex-Borussia Dortmund and Mainz striker, who recorded 47 goals in the Bundesliga, is allegedly close to an Ismaily move that could see him play his first football since the 2012-2013 season, when the striker was plying his trade for Emirati football club Baniyas.
Zidan, who also holds a decent international record with 10 goals and 8 assists with the Egyptian national team, as per transfermarkt, was an integral part of the 2008 and 2010 Africa Cup of Nations winning squads and has been greatly missed amid the recent problems the national team has faced.
The veteran will be training hard until January in an effort to regain full fitness ahead of his possible move, where he would link with with former international teammates Essam El-Hadary and Hosni Abd-Rabo.