Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Mohamed Zidan reportedly close to Ismaily
The 32-year-old Egyptian, who has been a free agent since 2013 after a long dispute with his previous club Baniyas, has refused an offer to work as a football analyst at MBC Masr and is looking forward to making a return to the pitch as soon as the next transfer window.
The ex-Borussia Dortmund and Mainz striker, who recorded 47 goals in the Bundesliga, is allegedly close to an Ismaily move that could see him play his first football since the 2012-2013 season, when the striker was plying his trade for Emirati football club Baniyas.
Zidan, who also holds a decent international record with 10 goals and 8 assists with the Egyptian national team, as per transfermarkt, was an integral part of the 2008 and 2010 Africa Cup of Nations winning squads and has been greatly missed amid the recent problems the national team has faced.
The veteran will be training hard until January in an effort to regain full fitness ahead of his possible move, where he would link with with former international teammates Essam El-Hadary and Hosni Abd-Rabo.