The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Zamalek-Ismaily board conflict arises
A tense atmosphere has been set early for today’s big game as Ismaily informed Zamalek that only 20 people would be allowed past the stadium gates.
The two Egyptian giants are set to face off at 18:00 CLT at the Ismailia Stadium, but tensions have already risen with the two boards apparently in conflict.
Ismaily have been strict with the people allowed into the stadium, with only journalists registered to the official syndicate permitted to watch the games from the stands.
Zamalek President Mortada Mansour has also rejected Ismaily president Mohamed Abo El-Soud’s dinner invitation before the game, as the latter removed signs which welcomed the Whites’ chairman to the North-Eastern city.
It is also worth mentioning that both sides remain undefeated in the current campaign, and a win would put the Cairo giants at the top of the table.