The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Zamalek-Ismaily board conflict arises
A tense atmosphere has been set early for today’s big game as Ismaily informed Zamalek that only 20 people would be allowed past the stadium gates.
The two Egyptian giants are set to face off at 18:00 CLT at the Ismailia Stadium, but tensions have already risen with the two boards apparently in conflict.
Ismaily have been strict with the people allowed into the stadium, with only journalists registered to the official syndicate permitted to watch the games from the stands.
Zamalek President Mortada Mansour has also rejected Ismaily president Mohamed Abo El-Soud’s dinner invitation before the game, as the latter removed signs which welcomed the Whites’ chairman to the North-Eastern city.
It is also worth mentioning that both sides remain undefeated in the current campaign, and a win would put the Cairo giants at the top of the table.