Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Hamoudi and El-Nenny feature as Basel cruise past Luzern
Egypt international duo Hamoudi and El-Nenny both started at Luzern as Basel extended their lead at the top of the Swiss Super League table with a 3-0 win on Saturday.
Line-Up FC Basel against FC Luzern. pic.twitter.com/0KlGBMkZlR
— FC Basel 1893 (@FC_Basel) December 6, 2014
The first half saw Basel control the majority of the chances from Delgado and veteran Marco Streller posing most threat for Basel but none of the chances proved fruitful.
From the start of the second half, Basel took advantage of their chances. Firstly it was Delgado who finished calmly after a brilliant give and go with Streller. Delgado then Struck again after he linked up with Streller again to round the keeper and slot home.
Egyptian international Ahmed Hamoudi, 24, then played through a fantastic through ball for Calla who unselfishly squared it to Embolo who fired it into the empty net.
Basel will now enter the winter break top of the league. They will look to upset Liverpool next and qualify for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League when they visit Anfield next Tuesday.