Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
EXCLUSIVE: Columbus Crew bid for Omar Gaber
The MLS side are keen to sign the 22-year-old Egyptian right back – who can also play in central midfield – and have officially started negotiations with Zamalek through an agency, NeoFut Sport Management.
KingFut.com sources confirm that the bid was submitted through the Spanish-based agency, and although not much details can be disclosed about the transfer at the moment, the club’s contract offer was raised to include a 20% sell-on fee to facilitate an easier transfer.
Although the offer is concrete, Omar Gaber, who can play any position along the right flank, is said to be holding out for a move to a European club and will take his time considering the offers he may get before he potentially agrees to move to MLS.
The player previously had a chance to move to France with Valenciennes but the transfer failed to materialize after the Whites rejected the offer.
Gaber recently confirmed that he will be on the move at the end of the season when his Zamalek contract expires following a fall-out with Whites’ president Mortada Mansour, after the latter’s annoyance over Omar’s close relationship with the club’s ultras group, the Ultras White Knights.
It is worth noting that Omar Gaber would be the first Egypt international to play in Major League Soccer if the move was to be completed.
Columbus Crew finished the 2014 season 7th in the league – 3rd placed in the Eastern Conference standings – with 52 points from 34 games.