Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
EXCLUSIVE: Columbus Crew bid for Omar Gaber
The MLS side are keen to sign the 22-year-old Egyptian right back – who can also play in central midfield – and have officially started negotiations with Zamalek through an agency, NeoFut Sport Management.
KingFut.com sources confirm that the bid was submitted through the Spanish-based agency, and although not much details can be disclosed about the transfer at the moment, the club’s contract offer was raised to include a 20% sell-on fee to facilitate an easier transfer.
Although the offer is concrete, Omar Gaber, who can play any position along the right flank, is said to be holding out for a move to a European club and will take his time considering the offers he may get before he potentially agrees to move to MLS.
The player previously had a chance to move to France with Valenciennes but the transfer failed to materialize after the Whites rejected the offer.
Gaber recently confirmed that he will be on the move at the end of the season when his Zamalek contract expires following a fall-out with Whites’ president Mortada Mansour, after the latter’s annoyance over Omar’s close relationship with the club’s ultras group, the Ultras White Knights.
It is worth noting that Omar Gaber would be the first Egypt international to play in Major League Soccer if the move was to be completed.
Columbus Crew finished the 2014 season 7th in the league – 3rd placed in the Eastern Conference standings – with 52 points from 34 games.