Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
EXCLUSIVE: Nacional duo Fathy & Ezzat set for Arab Contractors return
The Egyptian duo signed their loan deals with CD Nacional – who have two other Egyptians in their ranks, Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa – just last summer but are set to cut their stay in Portugal short and return to Egypt.
Their agent Abdelrahman Magdy confirmed to KingFut.com’s Marwan Ahmed that several factors were at play for their decision to leave, and that negotiations with some other clubs have already started.
“Actually before I came here (Portugal), I had already known that one of them is coming back but not the two,” Magdy stated.
“I chatted with two-three clubs but I didn’t get feedback yet. The talks were positive but really nothing is concrete or near concrete,” he added.
Several reports have linked the players to Cairo giants Al Ahly, with Ezzat being a long-standing target for the Red Devils before his move to Nacional, while others stating that Juan Carlos Garrido has not been impressed enough by the club’s left-back Hussein El-Sayed and is set to sign a replacement, with Fathy being amongst the candidates.
Magdy confirmed to KingFut that there is some substance in these talks, saying: “Al Ahly links are all not false.”
When asked if Hassan Shehata, who has recently been appointed as Contractors manager, will allow them to leave, Abdelrahman stated: “I really don’t know. It won’t be easy.”
It is worth noting that several factors triggered the players’ decision to leave the club such as their early elimination from the UEFA Europa League.