Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
EXCLUSIVE: Nacional duo Fathy & Ezzat set for Arab Contractors return
The Egyptian duo signed their loan deals with CD Nacional – who have two other Egyptians in their ranks, Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa – just last summer but are set to cut their stay in Portugal short and return to Egypt.
Their agent Abdelrahman Magdy confirmed to KingFut.com’s Marwan Ahmed that several factors were at play for their decision to leave, and that negotiations with some other clubs have already started.
“Actually before I came here (Portugal), I had already known that one of them is coming back but not the two,” Magdy stated.
“I chatted with two-three clubs but I didn’t get feedback yet. The talks were positive but really nothing is concrete or near concrete,” he added.
Several reports have linked the players to Cairo giants Al Ahly, with Ezzat being a long-standing target for the Red Devils before his move to Nacional, while others stating that Juan Carlos Garrido has not been impressed enough by the club’s left-back Hussein El-Sayed and is set to sign a replacement, with Fathy being amongst the candidates.
Magdy confirmed to KingFut that there is some substance in these talks, saying: “Al Ahly links are all not false.”
It is worth noting that several factors triggered the players’ decision to leave the club such as their early elimination from the UEFA Europa League.