Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Arab Contractors sign Mohamed Shawky
Arab Contractors have announced the signing of midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA for an undisclosed fee.
The club’s director of football, Mohamed Adel, announced the news on TV earlier, just before their league match against Ittihad kicked off.
The two-time Africa Cup of Nations winner will rejoin his former national team manager Hassan Shehata at the club.
The 33-year-old midfielder hopes to regain some of his old form with Shehata, who depended on Shawky’s experience in midfield during the 2006 and 2008 AFCON title run.
The holding midfielder’s last stint in Egypt was between 2010 and 2012 when he plied his trade at giants Al Ahly, winning the league title in 2011.
Shawky is set to return to the Egyptian Premier League, after spending two unsuccessful years abroad in Malaysia and Iraq.
His latest stint – in Malaysia – lasted less than a year, and Shawky is clearly looking to settle at a local club for the final years in his playing career.
The ex-Ahly and Middlesbrough midfielder is set to bolster the club’s midfield, as Shawky is a 3-time league winner with Al Ahly, and he will try to help the club in its attempts to win any kind of silverware this season under Shehata.