Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Egypt’s Hegazy among many to depart Fiorentina – Report
Speaking to TuttoMercato, Prade explained that manager Vincenzo Montella has assembled a team that is too large, consisting of 34 players, and it is impossible to keep all of the players playing and happy. Thus, he will work to transfer out players deemed surplus, and among these players is Egyptian international Ahmed Hegazy.
The report mentioned the possibility of selling Moroccan Mounir El Hamdaoui due to his high salary, while also hinting at a big market for Slovenian Josep Ilicic, Ukrainian Oleksandr Yakovenko (currently on loan at Malaga) and Italian Andrea Lazzari.
Some of Fiorentina’s younger players may also be allowed to depart on loan to help complete their growth and maturity, with Australian Joshua Brillante, Italian Luca Lezzerini, and Egypt’s Ahmed Hegazy all being tipped.
The 23-year-old centre-back, who was linked with a move to Serie A club Chievo Verona last month and rumoured to have drawn interest from Spanish side Espanyol, is struggling to find a place in Montella’s team due to the stiff competition with the likes of Gonzalo Rodríguez, Stefan Savić, Marcos Alonso and Nenad Tomovic.
With these defenders available, among others, while Hegazy recovered from a second consecutive ACL injury towards the end of March, the towering Egyptian has been left out of the Viola’s squad for most of their Serie A games this season.
The Egyptian international is yet to make his first appearance in Serie A this season, which may make him keen on any move in January.