Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egypt’s Hegazy among many to depart Fiorentina – Report
Speaking to TuttoMercato, Prade explained that manager Vincenzo Montella has assembled a team that is too large, consisting of 34 players, and it is impossible to keep all of the players playing and happy. Thus, he will work to transfer out players deemed surplus, and among these players is Egyptian international Ahmed Hegazy.
The report mentioned the possibility of selling Moroccan Mounir El Hamdaoui due to his high salary, while also hinting at a big market for Slovenian Josep Ilicic, Ukrainian Oleksandr Yakovenko (currently on loan at Malaga) and Italian Andrea Lazzari.
Some of Fiorentina’s younger players may also be allowed to depart on loan to help complete their growth and maturity, with Australian Joshua Brillante, Italian Luca Lezzerini, and Egypt’s Ahmed Hegazy all being tipped.
The 23-year-old centre-back, who was linked with a move to Serie A club Chievo Verona last month and rumoured to have drawn interest from Spanish side Espanyol, is struggling to find a place in Montella’s team due to the stiff competition with the likes of Gonzalo Rodríguez, Stefan Savić, Marcos Alonso and Nenad Tomovic.
With these defenders available, among others, while Hegazy recovered from a second consecutive ACL injury towards the end of March, the towering Egyptian has been left out of the Viola’s squad for most of their Serie A games this season.
The Egyptian international is yet to make his first appearance in Serie A this season, which may make him keen on any move in January.