Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Garrido announces Ahly squad for Smouha clash
Al Ahly manager, Juan Carlos Garrido, has named his 18-man squad to face Smouha in the Egyptian Premier League this week. The winners of the CAF Confederation Cup will have to cope without many of their key players.
Garrido excluded Hossam Ghaly, Ahmed Adel, as well as the defensive trio of Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, and Sabry Rahil, all due to injuries. Karim Bambo was excluded from the squad for tactical reasons.
Due to the injuries of Ekramy and Ahmed Adel, the Spanish coach promoted youth team goalkeeper Ragab Abdel-Kafi to the first team and included him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad, Ragab Abdel-Kafi.
Defenders: Bassem Ali, Sherif Hazem, Louay Badr, Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Abdel-Fadil.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Mohamed Rizk, Ahmed Khairy, Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan, Moussa Yedan, Islam Roshdy, Ramadan Sobhy, Mohamed Farouk, Abdallah El-Said.
Forwards: Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Emad Meteb.
Al Ahly and Smouha are currently level on 14 points, however, Smouha have played 4 more games.