Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Al Ahly – Al Masry postponed indefinitely by EFA
The match was originally scheduled to take place on the 20th of December at Gouna Stadium.
The Ministry of Interior submitted a request to postpone the encounter, seeing as the final verdict in the Port Said tragedy case is to be announced on the same day.
The EFA has instead decided that Al Ahly will play their delayed game against Wadi Degla next weekend.
It must be noted that death sentences have already been handed out to 21 of the defendants in the Port Said football massacre.
Former Port Said director of security Essam El-Din Samak was also sentenced to 15 years in high security prison alongside nine other defendants. Furthermore, five defendants were sentenced to life in prison, six were sentenced to ten years’ imprisonment, two defendants were sentenced to five years, and one defendant was sentenced to a year in prison.