An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Al Ahly – Al Masry postponed indefinitely by EFA
Earlier today, the Egyptian Football Association decided to postpone Al Ahly’s match against Al Masry indefinitely, following a request from the Ministry of Interior.
The match was originally scheduled to take place on the 20th of December at Gouna Stadium.
The Ministry of Interior submitted a request to postpone the encounter, seeing as the final verdict in the Port Said tragedy case is to be announced on the same day.
The EFA has instead decided that Al Ahly will play their delayed game against Wadi Degla next weekend.
It must be noted that death sentences have already been handed out to 21 of the defendants in the Port Said football massacre.
Former Port Said director of security Essam El-Din Samak was also sentenced to 15 years in high security prison alongside nine other defendants. Furthermore, five defendants were sentenced to life in prison, six were sentenced to ten years’ imprisonment, two defendants were sentenced to five years, and one defendant was sentenced to a year in prison.