Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Al Ahly – Al Masry postponed indefinitely by EFA
Earlier today, the Egyptian Football Association decided to postpone Al Ahly’s match against Al Masry indefinitely, following a request from the Ministry of Interior.
The match was originally scheduled to take place on the 20th of December at Gouna Stadium.
The Ministry of Interior submitted a request to postpone the encounter, seeing as the final verdict in the Port Said tragedy case is to be announced on the same day.
The EFA has instead decided that Al Ahly will play their delayed game against Wadi Degla next weekend.
It must be noted that death sentences have already been handed out to 21 of the defendants in the Port Said football massacre.
Former Port Said director of security Essam El-Din Samak was also sentenced to 15 years in high security prison alongside nine other defendants. Furthermore, five defendants were sentenced to life in prison, six were sentenced to ten years’ imprisonment, two defendants were sentenced to five years, and one defendant was sentenced to a year in prison.