Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Official: Al Ahly to face ES Sétif in African Super Cup on 21st of February
February 21st has been announced as the date for the African Super Cup match, which will be contested by ES Sétif and Al Ahly.
The match will be played in Algeria in the city of Blida, and will feature Champions League winners ES Sétif and Confederation Cup winners Al Ahly.
ES Sétif usually play their games at the Stade 8 Mai 1945 but the stadium has been closed since August after the death of Albert Ebosse, the JS Kabylie player killed by an object thrown by the fans.
Sétif demanded that the match be played in their hometown city, Constantine, due to the availability of an airport and big hotels. However, CAF did not acquiese due to location regulations, as well as the narrow pitch and synthetic grass in Constantine.
The Algerian team faced disastrous organization in the Champions league final last November which was played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium in Blida, which is 50 kilometers away from Algeria’s capital.
Hasaan Hamar, ES Sétif’s president, confirmed in statements on Algerian radio that the match will be played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium, and that it won’t be played in the city of Constantine as the fans were hoping, since the game has to be played in the country’s capital city.