Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Official: Al Ahly to face ES Sétif in African Super Cup on 21st of February
The match will be played in Algeria in the city of Blida, and will feature Champions League winners ES Sétif and Confederation Cup winners Al Ahly.
ES Sétif usually play their games at the Stade 8 Mai 1945 but the stadium has been closed since August after the death of Albert Ebosse, the JS Kabylie player killed by an object thrown by the fans.
Sétif demanded that the match be played in their hometown city, Constantine, due to the availability of an airport and big hotels. However, CAF did not acquiese due to location regulations, as well as the narrow pitch and synthetic grass in Constantine.
The Algerian team faced disastrous organization in the Champions league final last November which was played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium in Blida, which is 50 kilometers away from Algeria’s capital.
Hasaan Hamar, ES Sétif’s president, confirmed in statements on Algerian radio that the match will be played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium, and that it won’t be played in the city of Constantine as the fans were hoping, since the game has to be played in the country’s capital city.