Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Official: Al Ahly to face ES Sétif in African Super Cup on 21st of February
The match will be played in Algeria in the city of Blida, and will feature Champions League winners ES Sétif and Confederation Cup winners Al Ahly.
ES Sétif usually play their games at the Stade 8 Mai 1945 but the stadium has been closed since August after the death of Albert Ebosse, the JS Kabylie player killed by an object thrown by the fans.
Sétif demanded that the match be played in their hometown city, Constantine, due to the availability of an airport and big hotels. However, CAF did not acquiese due to location regulations, as well as the narrow pitch and synthetic grass in Constantine.
The Algerian team faced disastrous organization in the Champions league final last November which was played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium in Blida, which is 50 kilometers away from Algeria’s capital.
Hasaan Hamar, ES Sétif’s president, confirmed in statements on Algerian radio that the match will be played at Mustapha Tchaker Stadium, and that it won’t be played in the city of Constantine as the fans were hoping, since the game has to be played in the country’s capital city.