Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
EXCLUSIVE: Lela terminates contract with CS Maritimo
Young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen ‘Lela’ has terminated his contract with Portuguese side CS Maritimo by mutual consent, KingFut.com can exclusively reveal.
19-year old centre-back Lela, who joined Portuguese side CS Maritimo in October, has terminated his contract with the club as the board decided to deal with him in a ‘changed’ manner after fellow Egyptian Mohamed Ibrahim’s recent fall-out with the club, according to the player.
“After Mohamed Ibrahim’s incident with the club, I felt that the board has changed a lot in the way they treated me, which made me feel uncomfortable,” Lela exclusively told KingFut.com.
Speaking about future plans and the current offers that the player has recently received, Lela told KingFut‘s Ziad Ibrahim that he has 4 offers in hand, three of which are from Egyptian Premier League clubs and one is from the Portuguese second division: “I’d rather go back to Egypt and play in top flight than staying here (in Portugal) and play for a second division club.
“This will help me build a name for myself and seek a better move to Europe again in the coming season,” he added.
It’s worth noting that the former ENPPI and Petrojet defender Mohamed Lela is the fifth Egyptian player to recently depart from Portugal after a short spell, and the seventh ‘Pharaoh Abroad’ to return back home this season, as Aly Fathy and Mahmoud Ezzat’s loan period is set to expire with CD Nacional Madeira, Ibrahim’s leaving Maritimo, while Shikabala decided not to continue his contract with Sporting CP; Mahmoud Kahraba’s loan to Swiss side Grasshoppers also expired and Abdallah Gomaa ended his loan with FC Union Berlin.