Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: John Antwi hits brace as Ismaily down Damanhour 2-1
The forward scored in each half as hosts Ismaily SC beat newly-promoted side Damanhour 2-1 to continue climbing in the league this season.
Ismaily who dominated from start to finish opened the scoring in the 35th minute. Antwi converted a simple tap-in from Mohamed Zika’s cross from the right flank, after Damanhour defenders failed to clear their lines.
The striker then increased the lead for the home side, converting from the spot-kick in the 54th minute.
Just three minutes after going up 2-0, Ismaily conceded. Nasr reduced the deficit for the visitors to make it 2-1 but later turned to be a consolation after full time.
WATCH: John Antwi hits brace against Wadi Degla
Afroto could have equalised for the newly-promoted side but he missed a vital penalty, sending his spot=kick over El-Hadary’s goal.
Antwi has now scored 12 goals in 13 games beating his personal tally last season where he scored 11 from 16 league games, ending the campaign as the Egyptian Premier League’s top scorer.