Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: John Antwi hits brace as Ismaily down Damanhour 2-1
The forward scored in each half as hosts Ismaily SC beat newly-promoted side Damanhour 2-1 to continue climbing in the league this season.
Ismaily who dominated from start to finish opened the scoring in the 35th minute. Antwi converted a simple tap-in from Mohamed Zika’s cross from the right flank, after Damanhour defenders failed to clear their lines.
The striker then increased the lead for the home side, converting from the spot-kick in the 54th minute.
Just three minutes after going up 2-0, Ismaily conceded. Nasr reduced the deficit for the visitors to make it 2-1 but later turned to be a consolation after full time.
WATCH: John Antwi hits brace against Wadi Degla
Afroto could have equalised for the newly-promoted side but he missed a vital penalty, sending his spot=kick over El-Hadary’s goal.
Antwi has now scored 12 goals in 13 games beating his personal tally last season where he scored 11 from 16 league games, ending the campaign as the Egyptian Premier League’s top scorer.
Ismaily are now placed in 5th despite being deducted 6 points before the start of the season due to a FIFA ruling but are unbeaten so far.