Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: John Antwi hits brace as Ismaily down Damanhour 2-1
The forward scored in each half as hosts Ismaily SC beat newly-promoted side Damanhour 2-1 to continue climbing in the league this season.
Ismaily who dominated from start to finish opened the scoring in the 35th minute. Antwi converted a simple tap-in from Mohamed Zika’s cross from the right flank, after Damanhour defenders failed to clear their lines.
The striker then increased the lead for the home side, converting from the spot-kick in the 54th minute.
Just three minutes after going up 2-0, Ismaily conceded. Nasr reduced the deficit for the visitors to make it 2-1 but later turned to be a consolation after full time.
WATCH: John Antwi hits brace against Wadi Degla
Afroto could have equalised for the newly-promoted side but he missed a vital penalty, sending his spot=kick over El-Hadary’s goal.
Antwi has now scored 12 goals in 13 games beating his personal tally last season where he scored 11 from 16 league games, ending the campaign as the Egyptian Premier League’s top scorer.
Ismaily are now placed in 5th despite being deducted 6 points before the start of the season due to a FIFA ruling but are unbeaten so far.