Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Garrido announces Al Ahly squad to face Haras El-Hodood
Al Ahly manager, Juan Carlos Garrido, has named his 18-man squad to face Haras El-Hodood in the Egyptian Premier League.
The announced squad includes Walid Soliman who is back after serving a four-match suspension as well as defensive trio Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, and Sabry Rahil who were all out due to injury.
Due to the injuries of Ekramy and Ahmed Adel, the Spanish coach promoted youth team goalkeeper Ragab Abdel-Kafi to the first team and included him in the squad before the Smouha game.
Ramadan Sobhy, Sabri Rahil and Amr Warda couldn’t make the squad due to Physical Rehabilitation.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad, Ragab Abdel-Kafi.
Defenders: Bassem Ali, Sherif Hazem, Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Abdel-Fadil, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Mohamed Rizk, Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan, Moussa Yedan, Islam Roshdy, Mohamed Farouk, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman.
Forwards: Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Emad Meteb.
Al Ahly sit in the middle of the table with 17 points while Haras El-Hodood stand in 8th place with 19 points.
It must be noted that Al Ahly played just eight games, four less than most teams in the league and five less than others.
The game is to be played on Monday 7:30 CLT, at the Cairo International Stadium.