The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Garrido announces Al Ahly squad to face Haras El-Hodood
The announced squad includes Walid Soliman who is back after serving a four-match suspension as well as defensive trio Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, and Sabry Rahil who were all out due to injury.
Due to the injuries of Ekramy and Ahmed Adel, the Spanish coach promoted youth team goalkeeper Ragab Abdel-Kafi to the first team and included him in the squad before the Smouha game.
Ramadan Sobhy, Sabri Rahil and Amr Warda couldn’t make the squad due to Physical Rehabilitation.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad, Ragab Abdel-Kafi.
Defenders: Bassem Ali, Sherif Hazem, Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Abdel-Fadil, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Mohamed Rizk, Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan, Moussa Yedan, Islam Roshdy, Mohamed Farouk, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman.
Forwards: Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Emad Meteb.
Al Ahly sit in the middle of the table with 17 points while Haras El-Hodood stand in 8th place with 19 points.
It must be noted that Al Ahly played just eight games, four less than most teams in the league and five less than others.
The game is to be played on Monday 7:30 CLT, at the Cairo International Stadium.