Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Prime Minister Mahlab promises Zamalek fans return
A meeting was held between Zamalek’s board and Egypt Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab on Saturday in the presence of Minister of Youth and Sports Ibrahim Abdel-Aziz.
Ahmed Mortada Mansour – Mortada Mansour’s son and Zamalek board member – was then quoted saying, “Mahlab has promised us the return of fans after the parliament elections.”
The exact date for the parliament elections is to be announced by the presidency within the next few days after the election’s district distribution law was approved.
Mahlab also promised Moratada Mansour a resolution to 2 problems; the social insurance problem and the overdue receivables on Zamalek in favour of the IRS.
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab has also previously backed the return of football fans to the stands during the final phase of the 2013/2014 season.
A crowd-ban has been imposed on domestic games since the February 2012 Port Said stadium massacre that left 72 Ahly fans dead.