Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Abdallah Gomaa leaves Union Berlin
Abdallah Gomaa and 1. FC Union Berlin part ways as the player and the club decide to end his contract by mutual consent.
The 18 year old had just spent under a year in the German capital but wasn’t able to get regular playing time with Union in the 2. Bundesliga.
Head coach Norbert Duwel commented on the matter, saying: “Abdallah has repeatedly indicated the huge potential he has. At the end the language barrier was a large issue.
“He is a young player who still has a lot going on. I wish him to return to his familiar environment that helps him to take the next steps in professional football.”
Nico Schafer who is in the commercial and organizational part of the club said: “Despite all the effort maybe the move abroad came a little too early for him.”
Although Abdallah Gomaa didn’t have the experience he envisioned, he left Union with thanking words.
“I was received well at Union and so many people were incredibly kind to me. I would like to express my sincere thanks. Berlin was an important experience for me and I wish Union and the fans much success. My goal is to be back in Europe soon.”
Abdullah Gomaa who is already back in Egypt is set to refocus and start playing regularly again at his former club ENPPI who are currently battling Zamalek for the top spot in the Egyptian Premier League table.