In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Abdallah Gomaa leaves Union Berlin
Abdallah Gomaa and 1. FC Union Berlin part ways as the player and the club decide to end his contract by mutual consent.
The 18 year old had just spent under a year in the German capital but wasn’t able to get regular playing time with Union in the 2. Bundesliga.
Head coach Norbert Duwel commented on the matter, saying: “Abdallah has repeatedly indicated the huge potential he has. At the end the language barrier was a large issue.
“He is a young player who still has a lot going on. I wish him to return to his familiar environment that helps him to take the next steps in professional football.”
Nico Schafer who is in the commercial and organizational part of the club said: “Despite all the effort maybe the move abroad came a little too early for him.”
Although Abdallah Gomaa didn’t have the experience he envisioned, he left Union with thanking words.
“I was received well at Union and so many people were incredibly kind to me. I would like to express my sincere thanks. Berlin was an important experience for me and I wish Union and the fans much success. My goal is to be back in Europe soon.”
Abdullah Gomaa who is already back in Egypt is set to refocus and start playing regularly again at his former club ENPPI who are currently battling Zamalek for the top spot in the Egyptian Premier League table.