Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Hegazy set to renew contract and move on loan
Rumours regarding Egypt international Ahmed Hegazy’s future following his anterior cruciate ligament injury have been circulating but both the Florence club and the player, released statements recently to deny any talks about the termination of his contract.
ViolaNews, a Fiorentina fan website, recently revealed that the 23-year-old will be renewing his contract before moving out on loan in the January transfer window.
The loan deal is mainly to offer the player much-needed playing time after suffering from two back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries that kept him off the pitch for almost two seasons.
With 19 caps to his name at only 23-years-old, the towering center back has been one of the best Egyptian center backs since making his debut with Ismaily at the tender age of 18, before making the move to the Florence based club in 2012.
The 23-year-old is apparently not short of destinations where he can get first team football; La Liga side Espanyol and Serie A side Cheivo Verona are thought to be among Ahmed Hegazy’s potential suitors in the upcoming transfer window if Fiorentina deem the player surplus to requirements.