Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy on RB Leipzig’s radar – Report
Reputable German newspaper Bild has reported that German Bundusliga 2. outfit RB Leipzig are monitoring Al Ahly’s talented teenage midfielder Ramadan Sobhy.
The youngster is only 17 years old but has managed to break through the Red Devils’ ranks and become a regular first team starter in their recent run of games.
Sobhy recently played a key role in helping secure the result in al Ahly’s victorious final against Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederations Cupa few weeks ago.
Now gaining the attention of clubs internationally, the young attacking midfielder is reportedly on second division German club RB Leipzig’s transfer radar and is valued at 200,000 Euros, according to Bild.
Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick is aware that the Egyptian U-20 regular recently signed a new contract with Al Ahly until 2020 and negotiations with the current domestic Egyptian champions may not prove to be straightforward.
Sobhy, who has scored twice in Ahly’s Premier League campaign this season, including a diving header in the dying seconds of the match to secure the win against Al Nasr, will join a select few Pharaohs to have played in Germany if the transfer is successful. Former Kaiserslautern and Werder Bremen defender Hany Ramzy made 228 Bundesliga appearances, while former Mainz 05 and Borussia Dortmund striker Mohamed Zidan made 155 top-flight appearances scoring 47 goals.
RB Leipzig currently sit in 6th place in the 2. Bundesliga table with 27 points, a mere 3 points away from second place.