Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy on RB Leipzig’s radar – Report
Reputable German newspaper Bild has reported that German Bundusliga 2. outfit RB Leipzig are monitoring Al Ahly’s talented teenage midfielder Ramadan Sobhy.
The youngster is only 17 years old but has managed to break through the Red Devils’ ranks and become a regular first team starter in their recent run of games.
Sobhy recently played a key role in helping secure the result in al Ahly’s victorious final against Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederations Cupa few weeks ago.
Now gaining the attention of clubs internationally, the young attacking midfielder is reportedly on second division German club RB Leipzig’s transfer radar and is valued at 200,000 Euros, according to Bild.
Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick is aware that the Egyptian U-20 regular recently signed a new contract with Al Ahly until 2020 and negotiations with the current domestic Egyptian champions may not prove to be straightforward.
Sobhy, who has scored twice in Ahly’s Premier League campaign this season, including a diving header in the dying seconds of the match to secure the win against Al Nasr, will join a select few Pharaohs to have played in Germany if the transfer is successful. Former Kaiserslautern and Werder Bremen defender Hany Ramzy made 228 Bundesliga appearances, while former Mainz 05 and Borussia Dortmund striker Mohamed Zidan made 155 top-flight appearances scoring 47 goals.
RB Leipzig currently sit in 6th place in the 2. Bundesliga table with 27 points, a mere 3 points away from second place.