Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
The match against Vizela, who currently play in the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and lead their group, will be an opportunity for some of Sporting’s least used players to shine.
Rami Rabia, who signed for the Lions in August from Al Ahly, might make his debut for the main squad this season, along with midfielder Simeon Slavchev. Cape-Verdean striker Héldon also appears in the call-ups for the first time since the start of the season, whilst regular players Maurício, Adrien Silva, Diego Capel and Miguel Lopes have been left out.
Rabia has only three appearances for the club’s B team, the last one in early November, where his defensive mistakes cost the team dearly, in a 5-0 loss against Atlético CP. Rumours stating that he will loaned in January are also circulating.
Here is the full list of Sporting’s call-ups:
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: Cédric Soares, Ricardo Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Rami Rabia, Naby Sarr, Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: William Carvalho, Oriol Rosell, Simeon Slavchev, João Mário, André Martins, André Carrillo, Carlos Mané, Heldon;
Strikers: Junya Tanaka, Fredy Montero, Islam Slimani.