Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
The match against Vizela, who currently play in the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and lead their group, will be an opportunity for some of Sporting’s least used players to shine.
Rami Rabia, who signed for the Lions in August from Al Ahly, might make his debut for the main squad this season, along with midfielder Simeon Slavchev. Cape-Verdean striker Héldon also appears in the call-ups for the first time since the start of the season, whilst regular players Maurício, Adrien Silva, Diego Capel and Miguel Lopes have been left out.
Rabia has only three appearances for the club’s B team, the last one in early November, where his defensive mistakes cost the team dearly, in a 5-0 loss against Atlético CP. Rumours stating that he will loaned in January are also circulating.
Here is the full list of Sporting’s call-ups:
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: Cédric Soares, Ricardo Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Rami Rabia, Naby Sarr, Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: William Carvalho, Oriol Rosell, Simeon Slavchev, João Mário, André Martins, André Carrillo, Carlos Mané, Heldon;
Strikers: Junya Tanaka, Fredy Montero, Islam Slimani.