An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
The match against Vizela, who currently play in the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and lead their group, will be an opportunity for some of Sporting’s least used players to shine.
Rami Rabia, who signed for the Lions in August from Al Ahly, might make his debut for the main squad this season, along with midfielder Simeon Slavchev. Cape-Verdean striker Héldon also appears in the call-ups for the first time since the start of the season, whilst regular players Maurício, Adrien Silva, Diego Capel and Miguel Lopes have been left out.
Rabia has only three appearances for the club’s B team, the last one in early November, where his defensive mistakes cost the team dearly, in a 5-0 loss against Atlético CP. Rumours stating that he will loaned in January are also circulating.
Here is the full list of Sporting’s call-ups:
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: Cédric Soares, Ricardo Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Rami Rabia, Naby Sarr, Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: William Carvalho, Oriol Rosell, Simeon Slavchev, João Mário, André Martins, André Carrillo, Carlos Mané, Heldon;
Strikers: Junya Tanaka, Fredy Montero, Islam Slimani.