Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
The match against Vizela, who currently play in the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and lead their group, will be an opportunity for some of Sporting’s least used players to shine.
Rami Rabia, who signed for the Lions in August from Al Ahly, might make his debut for the main squad this season, along with midfielder Simeon Slavchev. Cape-Verdean striker Héldon also appears in the call-ups for the first time since the start of the season, whilst regular players Maurício, Adrien Silva, Diego Capel and Miguel Lopes have been left out.
Rabia has only three appearances for the club’s B team, the last one in early November, where his defensive mistakes cost the team dearly, in a 5-0 loss against Atlético CP. Rumours stating that he will loaned in January are also circulating.
Here is the full list of Sporting’s call-ups:
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: Cédric Soares, Ricardo Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Rami Rabia, Naby Sarr, Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: William Carvalho, Oriol Rosell, Simeon Slavchev, João Mário, André Martins, André Carrillo, Carlos Mané, Heldon;
Strikers: Junya Tanaka, Fredy Montero, Islam Slimani.