Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
The match against Vizela, who currently play in the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and lead their group, will be an opportunity for some of Sporting’s least used players to shine.
Rami Rabia, who signed for the Lions in August from Al Ahly, might make his debut for the main squad this season, along with midfielder Simeon Slavchev. Cape-Verdean striker Héldon also appears in the call-ups for the first time since the start of the season, whilst regular players Maurício, Adrien Silva, Diego Capel and Miguel Lopes have been left out.
Rabia has only three appearances for the club’s B team, the last one in early November, where his defensive mistakes cost the team dearly, in a 5-0 loss against Atlético CP. Rumours stating that he will loaned in January are also circulating.
Here is the full list of Sporting’s call-ups:
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: Cédric Soares, Ricardo Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Rami Rabia, Naby Sarr, Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: William Carvalho, Oriol Rosell, Simeon Slavchev, João Mário, André Martins, André Carrillo, Carlos Mané, Heldon;
Strikers: Junya Tanaka, Fredy Montero, Islam Slimani.