Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
The Egyptian international moved to Fiorentina in 2012, but after tearing his ACL twice, has found it hard to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team.
According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Chievo Verona, Bastia and Freiburg have all shown their interest in loaning the Egyptian defender.
“If he leaves Fiorentina it’ll only be on loan.” Christian Emilie told the Italian website.
“Ahmed has a great desire to play again, and I can confirm that he is happy in Florence. Fiorentina are glad to have him, because they believe in his qualities. Again, Hegazy wants to play, but primarily wants to compete for his place in Fiorentina,” he added.
Emilie also responded to the reports which claimed that the 23-year-old defender terminated his contract with Fiorentina – news the Viola have officially denied – by saying: “That news was certainly not true and Fiorentina has no intention of doing so [termintaing the contract].”
“We will hold talks to discuss an extension soon,” he concluded.
Fiorentina currently sit 8th in the Serie A table, a step down from last season’s fourth-placed finish, with just over half of the season to play.