Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
The Egyptian international moved to Fiorentina in 2012, but after tearing his ACL twice, has found it hard to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team.
According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Chievo Verona, Bastia and Freiburg have all shown their interest in loaning the Egyptian defender.
“If he leaves Fiorentina it’ll only be on loan.” Christian Emilie told the Italian website.
“Ahmed has a great desire to play again, and I can confirm that he is happy in Florence. Fiorentina are glad to have him, because they believe in his qualities. Again, Hegazy wants to play, but primarily wants to compete for his place in Fiorentina,” he added.
Emilie also responded to the reports which claimed that the 23-year-old defender terminated his contract with Fiorentina – news the Viola have officially denied – by saying: “That news was certainly not true and Fiorentina has no intention of doing so [termintaing the contract].”
“We will hold talks to discuss an extension soon,” he concluded.
Fiorentina currently sit 8th in the Serie A table, a step down from last season’s fourth-placed finish, with just over half of the season to play.