Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
The Egyptian international moved to Fiorentina in 2012, but after tearing his ACL twice, has found it hard to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team.
According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Chievo Verona, Bastia and Freiburg have all shown their interest in loaning the Egyptian defender.
“If he leaves Fiorentina it’ll only be on loan.” Christian Emilie told the Italian website.
“Ahmed has a great desire to play again, and I can confirm that he is happy in Florence. Fiorentina are glad to have him, because they believe in his qualities. Again, Hegazy wants to play, but primarily wants to compete for his place in Fiorentina,” he added.
Emilie also responded to the reports which claimed that the 23-year-old defender terminated his contract with Fiorentina – news the Viola have officially denied – by saying: “That news was certainly not true and Fiorentina has no intention of doing so [termintaing the contract].”
“We will hold talks to discuss an extension soon,” he concluded.
Fiorentina currently sit 8th in the Serie A table, a step down from last season’s fourth-placed finish, with just over half of the season to play.