An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
The Egyptian international moved to Fiorentina in 2012, but after tearing his ACL twice, has found it hard to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team.
According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Chievo Verona, Bastia and Freiburg have all shown their interest in loaning the Egyptian defender.
“If he leaves Fiorentina it’ll only be on loan.” Christian Emilie told the Italian website.
“Ahmed has a great desire to play again, and I can confirm that he is happy in Florence. Fiorentina are glad to have him, because they believe in his qualities. Again, Hegazy wants to play, but primarily wants to compete for his place in Fiorentina,” he added.
Emilie also responded to the reports which claimed that the 23-year-old defender terminated his contract with Fiorentina – news the Viola have officially denied – by saying: “That news was certainly not true and Fiorentina has no intention of doing so [termintaing the contract].”
“We will hold talks to discuss an extension soon,” he concluded.
Fiorentina currently sit 8th in the Serie A table, a step down from last season’s fourth-placed finish, with just over half of the season to play.