Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
The Egyptian international moved to Fiorentina in 2012, but after tearing his ACL twice, has found it hard to find a place in Vicenzo Montella’s team.
According to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Chievo Verona, Bastia and Freiburg have all shown their interest in loaning the Egyptian defender.
“If he leaves Fiorentina it’ll only be on loan.” Christian Emilie told the Italian website.
“Ahmed has a great desire to play again, and I can confirm that he is happy in Florence. Fiorentina are glad to have him, because they believe in his qualities. Again, Hegazy wants to play, but primarily wants to compete for his place in Fiorentina,” he added.
Emilie also responded to the reports which claimed that the 23-year-old defender terminated his contract with Fiorentina – news the Viola have officially denied – by saying: “That news was certainly not true and Fiorentina has no intention of doing so [termintaing the contract].”
“We will hold talks to discuss an extension soon,” he concluded.
Fiorentina currently sit 8th in the Serie A table, a step down from last season’s fourth-placed finish, with just over half of the season to play.